North Dakota

How fair are you from Minot? I will be moving there in Feb. Just trying to find someone there into THing. I have read that Minot was built around 1880 so there should be something to dig. Any leads?

Coming from Rammstein Ab i take it, thats awsome. i just moved here from Eglin about a month ago and from what i can tell there is a lot of high potential places but i havent had much of a chance to venture too far from home, which is here in Glenburn. The town i live in is about 15 min north of base and about 30 min north of Minot(the town). unfortunately alot of the older places; such as old churchs; there in town have turned into a concrete jungle so unless they tear alot of it up i guess its just lost to history. there are also a lot of old run down farmsteads which havent been to bad if your into reliques and what not. so when are u looking to get here? by the time you get here you may have to wait till spring to hunt any. hit me back.

Clay

I was at Eglin before I came here. I loved it! . I will be there in mid Feb. I am sure it will be way to cold to hunt . It will take a while to get a house and set up and all that. When I get up that way I will have to look you up. The hunting over here is amazing but all good things come to an end. :-\ I am sure I will enjoy North Dakota. I hope. LOL

yeah the cold does stink but im still gettin out there. i hear its gonna get a whole lot colder though. if you need any help when you get here let me know. i just went through it all so its fresh on my mind. i would advise you to get on the housing list now though if u want to live on base. the new housing here is reeeeeally nice. do you know yet if you want to buy or rent?

jonnyrebel,

From Buried Treasure: During an Indian attack a paymaster for the Hudson Bay Company was forced to bury about
$60.000 in gold and silver coins on Big Butte, near the town of Lignite, State 52, Burke Co. He was killed and those with
him were unable to find the cache later.

About $100.000 in gold coins and bullion from a bank holdup in 1893 was concealed in the foothills of the Turtle Mountains
near Belcourt, State 218, Rolette Co.

I hope this is of some use to you..

Roadquest

RoadQuest that sounds very interesting!! I will do some research. ;)

Well Birdman i went out exploring yesterday and didnt find a whole lot. about the only interesting thing i found was an old run down farmstead with the floor boards ripped up, hmmmmm? i did check the out house and didnt get anything. i wanted to go in the house but its too dilapitated and i didnt want it to fall in on me. i have a few ghost towns in mind that i want to hit when it warms up a bit.

where are you going to work when you get here?

463L vehicle maintenance .I do not know how they are set up there. I have no Idea what kind of hours we will be working but I don't think it will be to bad. I have a jeep so if you find any hard to get at places or old ghost towns let me know .Sounds like it may have some possibilities. :)

North Dakota treasures waiting to be found
Along the Missouri River near Bismarck, Forty Niners laden with gold from California are said to have buried treasure worth $90,000 to prevent its capture by Indians.
At Rolla in Rolette County, bank robbers hid loot in the foothills of Turtle Mountain.
The paymaster for Hudson's Bay Company buried $40,000 in the area of Lignite, Burke County, just before an attack by robbers.

You da man Erins, (checked your profile to make sure), ;D

Fossis...........................

How boutcha Birdman!!! its bout mid Feb you made your way up here to cold country yet?

ah...
Dakota...Prairie dogs!...scan the mounds at the entrances, anything they come across underground gets kicked out with the dirt. (The tip was from an old arrowhead hunter here in Minnesota I know.) :-\

just a thought...
neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back