treasure

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
someone called you an australian. If you are still there try christmas Island and that set of reefs offshore australia. If you want to travel look into the stories of the treasure of Lima and cocos island or just connect up with dowser501 in OZ and dig up those jesuit hoards. Could also look into the treasure ogf the french corsair "LeBuz". exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Good books in my opinion are alot of the books Charles Garrett write. i like them mainly because he is a MD inventor and he has alot of personal insite in the subject.

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
I live in the Tampa Bay area and have read (in the local papers) that Gasparilla was a myth. Having said that there are several stories of 'treasure' being buried on the West Coast of FL. I have not found any of it, and if I do I won't tell anyone lest the IRS get wind of my windfall 8). I believe that most 'treasure' stories, though based in some truth are really rumors started to through our predecessor treasure seekers off. In other words they were lying about where they buried it! I do wish you the best of luck in your searches.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Kevin, Gasparilla was a myth but it is based on fact. There WERE pirates in the Tampa Bay area and the stories of several Bay area pirate captains were spun into one name. Check out Little Cockroach Island and then tell me there were no pirates here.

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
I am not disputing the historical facts of pirates in the Gulf. I am just saying that many of the stories were originally spun to through would be plunderers off course. There is treasure to be found in FL, enough to make us all comfortable well into our twilight years. Treasure to be found and finding the treasure are two different things. I recently read a story of a chest buried 'on a bluff close to a spring on Clearwater Bay', I live within a half mile of Clearwater Bay, I know of a large creek, running close to a high (for FL) bluff and wish I could dig up the subdivision that surrounds it. Who knows, some pool builder may have dug it up and didn't tell (I know I wouldn't), so I am left to walk the short creek and hope.... I love this hobby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread