Northern New Jersey hunters? Maplewood, oranges, short hills, summit?

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ExpressJetter

Greenie
Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no problem. I'm a new Deus owner, would like to see someone else at work with it.

Same here. Just got it 2 weeks ago. So far it's Awsome. Just got Andys book delivered today and cant wait to crack it open. Next time I'm up your way for work and have a break I'll try to PM u.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
That deus has really getting popular in past. 6 months....wonder why...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone wants to head out this week, I'm good to hop out for few hours if hunting.

ExpressJetter

Greenie
Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just over at Round Valley Reservoir in Clinton. Found nothing but trash and 13 cents on clad for an hour hunt. .....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in Rockland County. I have metal detected for 15 plus years down south but have no really good places to hunt up here. I would love to find some Revolutionary War relics.

45srbest

Greenie
Apr 22, 2013
Scotch Plains,NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Union County and pretty much available most of the time. My son and I are just getting ready to start up this year.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to live right near there - Berkeley Heights to be precise. Moved last summer to Hunterdon Cty. I know a number of places up in my former area that I'm itching to try out this summer. I just never had time to get to them before we moved.

PM me the next time you head out. If I'm free I'll gladly head back up.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Rockland County. I have metal detected for 15 plus years down south but have no really good places to hunt up here. I would love to find some Revolutionary War relics.

I am in Rockland county and there is plenty of places to hunt...I however did grow up and lived for twenty five years in a "Hot Bed" of revolutionary war activity, smack dab in the middle of Morris County...let me know, I have 8 acres that buttresses against Jockey Hollow..

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Rockland county and there is plenty of places to hunt...I however did grow up and lived for twenty five years in a "Hot Bed" of revolutionary war activity, smack dab in the middle of Morris County...let me know, I have 8 acres that buttresses against Jockey Hollow..

I'd pick you up, and pay gas & lunch, lol....

lot's of sites here as well; settled mid 1700's

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd pick you up, and pay gas & lunch, lol....

lot's of sites here as well; settled mid 1700's

Warren, Hunterdon or Sussex?
I have early 1700's land that I want to hit again in Hunterdon county...I will keep you posted when I decide to go again (Family land and the land against Jockey hollow as well)

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Warren, Hunterdon or Sussex?
I have early 1700's land that I want to hit again in Hunterdon county...I will keep you posted when I decide to go again (Family land and the land against Jockey hollow as well)

MuckyBottles - I worked for 16 years right up the road from Jockey hollow on 202/206 before we moved our office to Bedminster last fall. I live in Hunterdon County now and would love to help hunt your lands. I haven't MD'ed any local spots down here yet since moving here last summer.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MuckyBottles - I worked for 16 years right up the road from Jockey hollow on 202/206 before we moved our office to Bedminster last fall. I live in Hunterdon County now and would love to help hunt your lands. I haven't MD'ed any local spots down here yet since moving here last summer.

Hunterdon is a gold mine, especially around Clinton,Tewksbury and Lebanon with the old farms

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. I almost bought a late-1800's home in Annandale right by the train station. I'm around alot of very old homes & farms in the Flemington/Three Bridges area now, though my place isn't nearly that old.

Last edited:

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. I almost bought a late-1800's home in Annandale right by the train station. I'm around alot of very old homes & farms in the Flemington/Three Bridges area now, though my place isn't nearly that old.

I am possibly thinking of getting 5 or 6 people to hunt with me at a family members property in Hunterdon County that's massive, nearly 50 acres and nearly virgin. I will keep you posted.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
50 acres?!?! Wow. That's gonna be some nice hunt! Thanks for keeping me in mind.

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am possibly thinking of getting 5 or 6 people to hunt with me at a family members property in Hunterdon County that's massive, nearly 50 acres and nearly virgin. I will keep you posted.

IN!

will spring for gas, lunch, beer, hookers--you name it!

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That sounds great! I have hunted Civil War sites in GA and TN for about 10 years but I would really like to find some Revolutionary buttons. Let's get together and do some diggin!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did any of you go out in 2014 together or individually in Morris County?
MuckyBottles - did you get out on that land that is adjacent to Jockey Hollow? If you go out this Spring '15 please let me know - I live 10 minutes from there and would love to help search the area. I've got a couple spots picked out to try as soon as it gets warm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread