Jan 14, 2013
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Tesoro Bandit
White's 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when I was a kid... some 30 years ago I remember my dad having a White's 6000 machine and walking around the beach a few times with him... by that time he had really moved on from the hobby but talks to this day of chasing silver in Venice back in the 60's and 70's. He did however have a large collection of silver quarters that he sold off through the years.

So I ened up ordering two machines (Sovereign GT and a Pioneer 505) that are going to be here on Friday, one for me and one for the kids to use (in my head this made sense, you go break that one and no one break this one)... I keep checking the Fedex tracking site like that will make them get here faster.

There are some old markets / farm stands that have been out of business for the last 20 years that I want to check out, plus we live 20 minutes from the beach and I got the GT based on its reviews in sand and wet sand.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GT is a great machine for the beach and land. Welcome to the forums!

Wayne

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Khune,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Nostalgia for sure !. I lived on the Venice Beach in the 60s and early 70s. In those days (on windy days) you could walk in the sand and pick up coins that would be elevated from the surrounding sand--like toadstools--due to the effects of the wind. A dollar an hour hunting--without a MD-- would be par for the course. Thanks for that memory.
Don..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread