NOSTALGIA - REMEMBER WHEN

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Decades behind you,but do recall clinkers and mustard plasters. Full service stations every time i pay then leave with out pumping fuel. Poorhunter i can,t stop laughing at picture. Wrong thread for caption but, " Boy use that church key on them other 3 cans instead of your barlow,i don,t have time to be sewing your hide. Now finish your breakfast and off to school with ya. A nd don,t drink your lunch before you get there again".:occasion14:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Decades behind you,but do recall clinkers and mustard plasters. Full service stations every time i pay then leave with out pumping fuel. Poorhunter i can,t stop laughing at picture. Wrong thread for caption but, " Boy use that church key on them other 3 cans instead of your barlow,i don,t have time to be sewing your hide. Now finish your breakfast and off to school with ya. A nd don,t drink your lunch before you get there again".:occasion14:
You never shared with us that you knew Ben peronally .....................................................

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dearest Stefen,you might have me confused with that other fella that gives new meaning to cowpoke. To avoid taking your threads offtrack(gee that never happens!) And giving you the chance to say "i started them and he rec-tum". Remember when milk came in glass bottles? Early 60s the milkman asked what we wanted one morning,i said chocolate. Family had chocolate! Remember song rock the boat? Try same tune with drop the soap!:o

OP
OP
S

stefen

Rectum hell, it ruined him...

First recollection is milk buckets...my hands jankin both front and hind tit...got chocolate when ole bossy swisher her tail while acrappin...

Hence the need for cheesecloth...took care of the lumps but the runnier stuff was stirred and added to the country flavor...the chocolate just covered up the schitz taste...

and Azz to cowpokie...he's now known as Ben Dover...the one wid hiz pokie in the dokee...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yaa,washing bags and pullin tits. Stuff i seen in some parlors , wonder i can drink milk. Still smell cows. Dad had goats,not so bad to kick cept bucket. How bout when a cow come in draggin afterbirth? One place had a holstien bull like to sneak in at milkin time.another "modern" had a collection system. We pulled suction lines apart when milkers were fallin off cows,about a quarter inch hole left through center,the rest funky cheese. Another parlor i sterilized all plumbing ea.night. probably wound up together eventually. Yummm,got milk?.:-\

OP
OP
S

stefen

Oh yaa,washing bags and pullin tits. Stuff i seen in some parlors , wonder i can drink milk. Still smell cows. Dad had goats,not so bad to kick cept bucket. How bout when a cow come in draggin afterbirth? One place had a holstien bull like to sneak in at milkin time.another "modern" had a collection system. We pulled suction lines apart when milkers were fallin off cows,about a quarter inch hole left through center,the rest funky cheese. Another parlor i sterilized all plumbing ea.night. probably wound up together eventually. Yummm,got milk?.:-\

About age 5 or 6 or thereabouts, I walked into the milking parlor sucking on a popsicle. Just as I opened my mouth to take another big suck, a cow swished her tail while taking a crap and flung a load into my mouth...I was in my 30's before I could eat another popsicle...

Beleive me when I say that cow schitz tastes like cow schitz....Mmmmmmmmmmmm

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I smelt........... A Pumpernickle loaf!!!!!!!! :laughing9:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
High fiber allnatural organic ,why just one thin slice will provide a goodly portion of r.d.a. of vitamins and minerals.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Grandma sold butter and eggs to the 'quality folk' in town .If a mouse drowned in the butter churn that batch of butter went to town . The 'quality butter(sans mice)' was kept for home use .

Thanksgiving weekend was hog butchering . Up before daybreak to get a fire under the scalding trough to heat the water. First shooting light was the time to shoot the first 400# hog in the pen perfectly between the eyes and drag it out . Cut the jugular to bleed it and drag to the scalding vat . Roll the whole hog in the steaming water with ropes until the hair 'slipped' then pull it onto the scraping deck and scrape the hide until the whole hog was clean as a fresh spanked babie's butt . Gambrel the hind legs and hang on the meat pole . Draw entrails and split carcase with a meat saw from tail root to neck .
>Repeat process 15 more times and leave them to hang overnight to cool out until day two .

>Got me tired just thinkin about it . won't bore ya'll with the next 3 days unless you really wish to hear it .

OP
OP
S

stefen

Grandma sold butter and eggs to the 'quality folk' in town .If a mouse drowned in the butter churn that batch of butter went to town . The 'quality butter(sans mice)' was kept for home use .

Thanksgiving weekend was hog butchering . Up before daybreak to get a fire under the scalding trough to heat the water. First shooting light was the time to shoot the first 400# hog in the pen perfectly between the eyes and drag it out . Cut the jugular to bleed it and drag to the scalding vat . Roll the whole hog in the steaming water with ropes until the hair 'slipped' then pull it onto the scraping deck and scrape the hide until the whole hog was clean as a fresh spanked babie's butt . Gambrel the hind legs and hang on the meat pole . Draw entrails and split carcase with a meat saw from tail root to neck .
>Repeat process 15 more times and leave them to hang overnight to cool out until day two .

>Got me tired just thinkin about it . won't bore ya'll with the next 3 days unless you really wish to hear it .

A while back, my daughters were raising hogs for 4H, and while attending a castration demonstration one Saturday, the hog died from shock.

Long story short, we threw a tarp over a picnic table and butchered it on the spot...

For extra money, my old man use to butcher cows for neighboring farmers.

When I was about 10 or so, we were at a farm down the lane and the farmer was pointing out 2 yearlings coming out of the barn he wanted slaughtered.

Within seconds dad raised his rifle and shot them before they cleared the doorway...

The farmer made a comment and dad replied that he use the door header for hanging and gutting...

No wasted movements...

OP
OP
S

stefen

Don't know if anybody remember those old antique irons that weighted about 10 pounds each?

They use to heat them up on a cast iron stove...well mom used them as door stops at every door in the house...

Try walking barefooted or in stocking feet and stub your toe on one of those muthers...

Swearing in Yiddish, German, Deuitsche, English and composite...the S and F words were heard frequently...You know Shuckens and fooey...:laughing7:

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My momma used one of those irons to take the 'nuisance' out of one of my uncles late one night when he stumbled into our house very drunk. She also taught me how to licked finger test them for temperature when all you wanted to do was take the wrinkles out of clothing . We never used them for door stops .

OP
OP
S

stefen

Probably make a good boat anchor...at least a far as I can throw one...without a rope

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That will teach you not to paint your feet so they look like shoes! And please don,t litter.

OP
OP
S

stefen

speaking of shoes...those were the times when you got a new pair of shoes at the beginning of school...

They were half-soled and toes patched until there were no leather on the uppers no longer capable of holding a stitch...

In fact the stitch line was moved upwards into fresh leather....and now the repaired shoes were too tight...

Walked in water puddles and wore the shoe until it stretched and didn't take them off till they had dried...

By the end of the school year they were finally comfortable...

I now have a pair of cowboy boots that I've had for 35 years...the shoe cobbler said to never bring them back...

think I will cut the soles off of the CB boots and slip them over a new pair...took too many years to get that look...

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wore out a pair of expensive steel toed work boots in a manner, The sole came apart from the boot.. So I cut the leather and wrapped it down over the side of the sole, 1" course thread drywall screws, Staple gun, And permatex gasket goo..

I remember getting 1 pair of shoes a year, When they wore out you had to make due til the next pair.. after I moved from home in 1998.. I went through 2 pair of shoes a year.. I invested in Nike shoes.. Got 2 years and counting on this pair..

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I wore out a pair of expensive steel toed work boots in a manner, The sole came apart from the boot.. So I cut the leather and wrapped it down over the side of the sole, 1" course thread drywall screws, Staple gun, And permatex gasket goo..

I remember getting 1 pair of shoes a year, When they wore out you had to make due til the next pair.. after I moved from home in 1998.. I went through 2 pair of shoes a year.. I invested in Nike shoes.. Got 2 years and counting on this pair..
Kinda hard to wear out a pair of tenner shoes when the only walkin ya do is around a pool table :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread