Not Alot Of Relics. But Alot Of Silver. 23 Of Them To Be Exact.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone,

Been awhile since my last post. Really busy with work kids and life. Really detecting for me anymore is just a few hrs here and there once a week if I am lucky. I browse the board though everyday.

Lots of great finds being made out there. I have been hunting a old soccer field the past few weekends. I put about 12 hrs on this field if that and pulled out 23 silver coins. Nothing old but they are beautiful to see in the sun up against that black soil. I have seen others hunting this field over and over again.

I decided finally to see what I could do out there. It came to me over the winter. Me and my bro and son were finishing up a hunt. I said lets hit this field for a few minutes before we go. We each had mercs within minutes. I made a mental note and went back to find out there was more.

They are all deep. 7 To 10 inch range. I know that is why they are still there. The spectra is a great unit for deep silver. I got it to where I know how deep silver reads and acts. I normally find older stuff than this. But with silver up right now I am taking any kind of treasure I can find.

I found a strange peice of a walking half. It is cut with a smooth edge and the rim has ben drilled all out. Maybe a jewlery peice at one point. Adding a pic of a car I just purchased a few weeks back. For anyone who loves cars and can appreciate an american V8 like I do.

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Attachments

• 2011 silver 23 1.jpg
    2011 silver 23 1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 2011 silver 23 2.jpg
    2011 silver 23 2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 2011 silvers 23 3.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 3.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 2011 silvers 23 4.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 4.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,409
  • 2011 silvers 23 5.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 5.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 2011 silvers 23 6.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 6.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,392
  • impala ss.jpg
    impala ss.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,387
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow them are some shiny coins! what did you buff them with?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I agree that's an amazing day you had there. I'm also curious what you did to polish those coins & why. I can clearly see the wear on some of them so you surely didn't increase the value but like someone else pointed out to me recently, they are yours to do what you want with.

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go get my sunglasses!!! Look at all those shinys :icon_thumright: Congrats

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Hitler dime I've seen posted. :laughing7:

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Nice haul! My guess would be baking soda and water to a paste... does wonders on common silvers.
Wouldn't want to do it on anything numismatically valuable. Very nice!

Slab

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great pile 'o silver! :thumbsup:

traverdog

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Henderson, Nv
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Beach Surfer
A super collection of silver coins. Congratulations!! I wonder what was there before it was a soccer field.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Nice haul. I am sure you did the date checks before polishing those coins.
We all would love to hit a spot like that. Congrats!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thank you everyone.

I have to admit right now me and my family are going through alot. My 19 yr old sister went missing now for close to a month. We are all really worried right now. She went to florida with some bad people and never returned. I really could use some prayer right now.

Nothing else matters to me at this moment. A million silvers wouldn't change how I feel. The only reason I cleaned these silvers were because they didn't look really good coming out of this soil.

The one rosie had a full encrustation of iron on it. Nothing had a rare date. Mostly all 44's and 42's. This was a soccer field way back in the 20's and 30's. A few old timers told me they would play all kinds of sports on this field. I was waiting to get thrown off. But no one has said anything. One guy actually thanked me for making the holes so neat.

Silvers were tumbled for a few hrs in a soft small gravel water and dish soap. Does a real nice job on common silver.

I sold the olds to a co workers mom. I really liked that car. It was hard to let it go. But I guess it was time to move up and move on. I have had bad luck already with it. Someone at my work last week wrecked into the bumper already. We had the biggest hail storm ever last week and the hood got dimpled all up.

I just finished the car to. It has Cai, exhaust system all new high performance tires. Upgraded brake system to drilled and slotted. 20 Inch chrome wheels. Custom front grill kit. Chrome exhaust tips. Finally got it nice and the next day literally it got all damaged up. It will get fixed though.

Once again it has been a tough time for me and my family. My father passing away recently now our baby sister gone. Please think about us. We need prayer right now.

Thank you

Jeremy

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayers sent your way. Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Hope all is all right.

Capt.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Jeremy~
Hope you know I was just kidding you...not about cleaning your silver, but how emaculate of a job you did. They look unbelievable.

Will send prayers your way. Keep the faith that there is a greater power up there. Lay your problems on him and keep the faith he will give you strength. God Bless.

Baldingboy

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I know man. Thank you guys. I will keep the faith. Didn't mean to come off like I was mad. I don't get mad about things like polishing up silvers etc.

I thought they looked great myself. These silvers were really stained up with all those grass lines running through them.

Take care guys

Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread