Not Alot Of Relics. But Alot Of Silver. 23 Of Them To Be Exact.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone,

Been awhile since my last post. Really busy with work kids and life. Really detecting for me anymore is just a few hrs here and there once a week if I am lucky. I browse the board though everyday.

Lots of great finds being made out there. I have been hunting a old soccer field the past few weekends. I put about 12 hrs on this field if that and pulled out 23 silver coins. Nothing old but they are beautiful to see in the sun up against that black soil. I have seen others hunting this field over and over again.

I decided finally to see what I could do out there. It came to me over the winter. Me and my bro and son were finishing up a hunt. I said lets hit this field for a few minutes before we go. We each had mercs within minutes. I made a mental note and went back to find out there was more.

They are all deep. 7 To 10 inch range. I know that is why they are still there. The spectra is a great unit for deep silver. I got it to where I know how deep silver reads and acts. I normally find older stuff than this. But with silver up right now I am taking any kind of treasure I can find.

I found a strange peice of a walking half. It is cut with a smooth edge and the rim has ben drilled all out. Maybe a jewlery peice at one point. Adding a pic of a car I just purchased a few weeks back. For anyone who loves cars and can appreciate an american V8 like I do.

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Attachments

• 2011 silver 23 1.jpg
    2011 silver 23 1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 2011 silver 23 2.jpg
    2011 silver 23 2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 2011 silvers 23 3.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 3.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 2011 silvers 23 4.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 4.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,409
  • 2011 silvers 23 5.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 5.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 2011 silvers 23 6.jpg
    2011 silvers 23 6.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,392
  • impala ss.jpg
    impala ss.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,387
Upvote 0

eggbag

Mar 17, 2008
First off my thoughts are with you on finding your sister. Nice finds on all the silver. The cut piece of walker is definitely from a magic trick. My dad is a magician. The trick is you pretend to bite and snap off a piece of the coin. The groove around the edge is for a small rubber band. while biting the piece off you hide folding it down, then show an identical piece to the audience. place the piece in your mouth and hide it on the side of cheek. then you pretend to spit the piece back onto the broken coin. make a spitting sound while simultaneously letting go of the folded down coin . the rubberband snaps it back into place looking like an intact perfect coin. dont tell my father i gave away a trade secret.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of silver there Jeremy ! Your sister is in my prayers as well now ! M.R.

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jer, Nice to see you post again, nice finds. I'll keep you, your family and your sister in my prayers. I hope you hear something soon.

Did you see that the info for this years DFXonly.com hunt is up on the web site? Hope you can make it.

Schrecky

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! We'll be praying for your sister to be safe and to make the right choices to get back home. Our prayers also go out to you and yours for your worries and concern.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks alot everyone.

Rob thanks for sharing that story. Gives me hope she will be found.

Thanks for telling me about the walker. That is really cool. Yes that is exactly how the coin is. Rim drilled all out perfectly. I will try it sometime.

Wasn't sure if they were gonna have a hunt or not this yr. I will check it out. Would love to make it again if possible. Thanks for the info shrecky.

Thanks again for all the prayers everyone. I will update you with either good or bad news. Either way we need to know something.

Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread