πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$7.22 in a little over an hr at the fairgrounds with my son with me. 26 quarters, 5 dimes, 2 nickels, and 12 pennies. Couldn't stand sitting home on such a nice day even though my pinpointer is off to Garrett for repair. THanks for looking and HH!! 130923_0001.jpg

Upvote 5
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you were frustrated as all hell blindly tunneling for a quarter at 4 inches in a hole that's already at 6 hahahah
No not at all really. I used the pinpoint feature on the atpro to get it close, only missed a dime once, the quarters were simple. kept ringing 86/87 bang quarter, 86/87 bang quarter, etc etc.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear tell that treasure was around long before propointers. LOL

Actually, I have found that the AT-Pro is one of the easiest pin pointing machines I've ever owned. Once
you learn it, one can pin point an item to with a couple inches. I rarely dig a plug much bigger than 3-4 inches across anymore.
Still, once spoiled by a Pro-Pointer, it is tough to do without. LOL

Nice! WTG!

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Gloves become more useful when not using a pinpointer. I seem to use my hands more when not using the pinpointer.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Gloves become more useful when not using a pinpointer. I seem to use my hands more when not using the pinpointer.

yes My hands definitely got more work w/o the pinpointer. It better get back soon lol

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's a pin pointer? I hunted for 30 years without one. Used to hunt without a digger, only a screwdriver. Started metal detecting with a non discriminating BFO that picked up everything. Who needs a pin pointer : )

Only kidding, I do use a pin pointer, but did detect for 30 years without one and did start with a BFO machine. Beat frequency oscillator for those who don't know.

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Me too! I actually built my first bfo unit...sold several of the things, then the transmit /receive units came out and that was that!

reddirtwillie

Jan 4, 2013
Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Eagle II SL - Wilson/lesche/garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the market for a pin pointer. Been looking at comparisons between Minelab and Garrett and Pistol Probe. The minelab does better on air tests but the Garrett beats it in the field. What worries me about the Garrett is how much time it spends in the "shop". Seems like they all have the same problem. I've e-mailed them but have received no response as yet. Guarantees are great but they expire, great customer service is great but how much fun is it if your "toy" is always in the mail?. Help me out

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the market for a pin pointer. Been looking at comparisons between Minelab and Garrett and Pistol Probe. The minelab does better on air tests but the Garrett beats it in the field. What worries me about the Garrett is how much time it spends in the "shop". Seems like they all have the same problem. I've e-mailed them but have received no response as yet. Guarantees are great but they expire, great customer service is great but how much fun is it if your "toy" is always in the mail?. Help me out

Many, many of us have been hunting for years with our pro pointers without any issues.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see you decided to plunder your spots and NOT share them with me. It's OK, Cjon. I went snake hunting instead!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Chucho003, Welcome to t-net! Post your mug photo on the t-net's "What is It" forum and someone there will either identify it or direct you to more online info.

Andi

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its only the fairgrounds since 86, theres a shopping mall ontop of the one from the late 1800s,

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you decided to plunder your spots and NOT share them with me. It's OK, Cjon. I went snake hunting instead!

this spot is ok, but only modern stuff, its been the fairgrounds since 86. I don't have any spots currently besides this, and the travel time to me right now is hard to justify for just clad lol, albeit this much clad is cool and all, just not what im into lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to think of it like this: clad is good practice for the good stuff. Every coin dug is a lesson learned.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had to send in My propointer the was Well Past the Warranty and They fixed it No Charge Had it back within 10 days HH Chug actually they Sent a New one with the Old Battery end Cap On It :notworthy:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to think of it like this: clad is good practice for the good stuff. Every coin dug is a lesson learned.
absolutely, I just gotta get back out there and do some door knocking, haven't dug an oldie in about 2 wks, mainly due to not going out for about a week and a half now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread