Not bad for one day $ 211,385.96

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
This past Sunday I was hunting in a local city park around the Seattle area with a friend of mine. We started at the tot lot area. I had pulled 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a penny when i noticed two envelopes on the ground near by. They were banking envelopes and i thought who would just throw that sensitive personal data on the ground in a city park. But thought nothing more.

Well after more change and a little time the idea that those envelopes just lying there bothered me, It could be a prolbem for the owners so i returned and picked them up.

To my amazement inside were approximately 20 canceled checks and 3 unused ones. WOW i thought what a risk for these people. In looking for the address on the checks i noticed a statement, OMG these people have as of Aug 31st

$211,385.96 as their ending balance. I'm thinking anybody could use the unused checks and empty this account.

So I scooped up all the canceled checks and statements and took them with me. I'm going to contact the owners today and see if they want their checks back.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you had found mine. you would probably won't to donate to it. LOL
Dang and just think, chances are they have more than one bank account. Must be nice! Hope they appreciate what you did!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Now that is a haul and all in one little bag I hope the owners at least say " Thank You ". HH and Job well done.

Desertfox

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
man lucky them -- you could get a nice reward possibly -- and at the very least I would expect a thank you for over 200,000 bucks -- ;D --- Ivan

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Nice work and very honest. Keep us posted.

gmsparky

Aug 14, 2007
metro detroit
Detector(s) used
dfx, m6, prizm III
txkickergirl said:
if you had found mine. you would probably won't to donate to it. LOL
Dang and just think, chances are they have more than one bank account. Must be nice! Hope they appreciate what you did!
is there still an old air force base in harlingen? my dad was stationed there in WWII. i remember them mentioning it.

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
I think he went here.

Attachments

• secert habor.jpg
    secert habor.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,612
OP
OP
The Gemologist

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
$ 211,385.96-Now add $ 100,000 line of credit

I recently posted that while out with my detector Sunday, I came across two bank envelopes; one had cancelled checks with a balance in the account of $211,385.96. Also in the second envelope there were three (3) blank checks. Well I called on Monday the phone number on one of the checks and left a message on a recorder that I had found something. Today I got a return call from the secretary of the guy whose name was on the account.

It seems the three blank checks were to this guys Visa line of credit. The balance on that account is $100,000. The guy has a property management company with condo’s, apartment buildings and commercial building. From what they said the envelopes were stolen without them knowing it and they didn’t even know they were missing. Someone had taken the visa account information and left the un-used checks.

So now they are checking with their bank to see if there is any unauthorized charges on both accounts.

The owner of the account is on vacation and was very surprised and worried. They tell me they will get together ASAP and pick up the checks and bank statements.

I’ll let everyone know what happens.

P

Pentico

Re: $ 211,385.96-Now add $ 100,000 line of credit

Great job on your part!
Thank you for doing the right thing.
I am sure they are very happy it was you that found the envelopes.
Pentico

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread