Not dug up, but a treasure to me just the same!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was garage sale mania today here in the Ozarks. We stopped in to a storage unit liquidation and there were many antique items there, including this beautiful, antique millstone. We made a mutually-satisfying agreement on the sale price, (about the cost of two cups of Starbucks coffee,) and I rolled it to our Jeep. It came with a story that it was brought out to Missouri from Tennessee by the original finder. It is going to make a fine center piece for our fountain someday. Thanks for looking, Subterranean:icon_sunny:

Attachments

• millstone.jpg
    millstone.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 1

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is something about millstone that bring a connection with simpler times. What is the diameter of it?

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Papa Bear, I agree with you on the nostalgia of this old workhorse. The diameter is 22" and the thickness is 4 1/4", square hole in the center. The edge is slightly beveled (from turning in one direction?) Any info or history on such stones is always appreciated. Sub

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you gave a lot for it because starbucks is dang expensive

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread