Not Much BUT, a HUGE Thank YA'LL!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Still buzzing from some Bucket List KILLS I headed out into the field. I had some company. I tried to work around the area the reale popped up in but, not much for good targets. Within an hour the SNOW popped up a plenty! Not one to get scared off by snowflakes,:laughing7:, I kept swinging. I got some old lead, an interesting button, some large nickel plated brass thingy with a gear on the backside, piece of a crotal bell, and plenty of iron and trash.

The main reason for this post sure ain't the finds. I just wish to convey my heart felt gratitude for all the wonderful encouragement and support I have received here on T-net. Although I've been after treasure for nine years I still have a lot to learn about getting consistently good recoveries. I feel I have grown more this season then all the rest combined. Taking notes from many members who know the ropes and score the goods on a consistent basis. I am excited for the future and have greater expectancy for some really cool finds.

So although I have not closed the door on this season I know the reality of winter hunting slows things down and daylight savings time just stinks. LOL! I'll be around but, just not as much. Thanks again and all you fair weather hunters please keep the rest of us in hibernation up north entertained this winter. Thanks again for the support and stopping by. Kurios1:icon_salut:

24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 002.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 004.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 006.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 008.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 007.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 29

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K1, I am with you, enjoying the education, entertainment, and fellowship of our extended digging family on TNet. Keep digging this season as long as you can. Sub 8-)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great post up Kevin, best of luck if you get out again (I'm sure you'll try again) We just got 6"+ last night and it's going to snow for another 20hrs, so my hunting is done for the season. (heavy heart)

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post and you have said what many of us feel. Congrats on your finds and good luck my friend

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your success this year K1.

Thanks to you for being a participating member of the forum.

I'm certain that 2018 will be a great year for you sir!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the snow falling against the detector! :icon_thumleft: Hopefully there is still time for a few more hunts! :hello2:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Bud! Many of us feel the same way. I've learned so much since I've been a member and have gotten help with many things, not just my finds and technique. We have a great group of guys and gals on this forum and my hats off to the mods and administrators for running a great site.
Good luck to all in the year to come. [emoji256][emoji482]

HH, RN

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kev, we've shared some pretty deep stuff on PM...I know where you've came from, how you've heard that POP when you pulled your head out, and pulled up your bootstraps and GOT TO LIVING!! That's why I can relate so well...but your presence here is a bright spot in my day, I know I'm going to see a great post, whether you've dug a bucket lister or not. You are full of positive energy and a lot of us feed off of that. I've been averaging 75 hours a week at work , with 90 last week. Obviously I can't get out so I survive vicariously through great posts like yours. Keep on keepin on brother...Ddf.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kev, we've shared some pretty deep stuff on PM...I know where you've came from, how you've heard that POP when you pulled your head out, and pulled up your bootstraps and GOT TO LIVING!! That's why I can relate so well...but your presence here is a bright spot in my day, I know I'm going to see a great post, whether you've dug a bucket lister or not. You are full of positive energy and a lot of us feed off of that. I've been averaging 75 hours a week at work , with 90 last week. Obviously I can't get out so I survive vicariously through great posts like yours. Keep on keepin on brother...Ddf.

Well, not sure I have actually fully removed my cranium from that orifice of which thou speakest!:laughing9: I am trying though and things will indeed get better in time. True character is always created and nurtured in the "valleys" we go through in life. I just happen to be in a rather deep one right now but, I do know the way out. I hear ya' on working long hours. I am not nearly at your hours but, six days a week getting up at 4:00 a.m. is getting to be a grind.

I appreciate your being real and genuine. You can't ask for much more than that out of another traveler along this journey we call life. Much peace to you and yours my friend.:icon_salut:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread