East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been out of commission for two months assisting in the care of a family member with a broken femur. Last week I got a 3 day pass from the wife to go back home and do some beach hunting and other chores around the house just to keep things going. So I spent 3 days on the beach, 7 hours each day with a total of 5 different beaches hunted. Not much to show for the marathon, but I had a good and exhausting time. Nice to be back hunting even if it was just for a few days. Photo 3 is $13.46 in clad including one wheat penny and a 1966 quarter (high clad count for this time of year, but I think the wind was just right the second day to open up the treasure chest). Photo #1 is of the treasure including junk butterfly and junk multi-color earring along with a very unusual non-marked ring with spikes, and photo #2 is a gold colored pendant that tested 10k at 2.5g, but it is suspicious since I have copper wire that also tests 10k and the pendant seems light for its size. Last but not least is a 1.4g circle of unmarked but tested 14k gold with 13 clear stones which are not diamonds. I assume it is the remains of an earring without the back. Probably only about 1g of gold, but a good deep find worth finding. This is certainly not like some of the treasure I have seen posted lately but it is the treasure I have found. Happy Hunting and good health to ya. Beach Papa

Beach Treasures 004.JPG Beach Treasures 006.JPG Beach Treasures 001.JPG

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach Papa, glad that you could catch a break from assisting duties.

Congrats on all those finds....that's a lot of diggin' and it payed off. I love the gold earring1

Lorraine

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
BP, I'm glad you could get away for some detecting, I know it felt good when you got back out there swinging. Congrats on the finds.

Cliff

OP
OP
Beach Papa

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Thanks for your kind words. Any hunt is a good one, even without the gold. Looking forward to my next chance to hunt. Happy Hunting and good health to all. Beach papa

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care how small the gold is...it makes my day when I find it...congrats on the gold.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the end you always feel better for what you did. There's always tomorrow to hunt. I applaud you.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the end you always feel better for what you did. There's always tomorrow to hunt. I applaud you.

Totally agree. My hunts are always better when I know I've done the right things first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions