DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....I went to the old schoolhouse today and I kno u were askin for pics, but I cant get any cuz i didnt get anyhting. I prolly searched most of the whole place and the only hits I got were ones that started flippin out and were junk signals. None were those nice simple coin signals that I was hopin for. Idk wut to do at this point, i've gone from buyin my detector, to it breakin, me having to fix it a bunch of times...to then gettin it working again and all im finding is junk. Im startin to think about needing to get a detector that has an lcd screen,cuz sometimes idk wut to dig up and wut not to dig up, and theres always a different sound and i get confused, but thats a dream cuz i dont have money.

Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Sorry about the lack of finds. I usually hunt in all metal mode and I dig everything. I don't have a meter to watch, that's why everything gets dug. Try digging some of the signals to see if there is anything down there.

Hope it helps.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey bud,

Don't give up! :o Take some targets i.e. pull tab, penny, nickle, dime, quarter, nail, foil, gold ring, silver ring, and space em out on plywood or other hard surface w/o any metal under and practice! ::) Learn how that detector functions, how it reads. Go to parks etc and work it! :o

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats just the way it goes sometimes. it happens to us all. be persistant, try to find older places that have the potential of having old coins at them, and eventually they will start to turn up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread