Not my normal huntin day.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not my normal huntin' day.

Earlier this week, my wife suggested I go beach huntin' on Thursday to see what TS Fay did to the beach. Since Fay completely missed this area, there wasn't much difference than a normal day. It was a little windier than normal and the waves were 3-5 feet, so that ruled out huntin' the water. I got there early and caught low tide. 30% of the finds were found in the wet sand and 70% were in the dry sand. I got the ring (unmarked) and the junk chain, along with a few coins at the water's edge. I saw 5 other hunters on the beach today. Crowds were much lighter than usual. I found a dollar in the line of seaweed that washed up at the high tide line. All together I ended up with $4.09.

Attachments

• thursdayhunt 001.jpg
    thursdayhunt 001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 274
  • thursdayhunt 002.jpg
    thursdayhunt 002.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 266
  • thursdayhunt 003.jpg
    thursdayhunt 003.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Not my normal huntin' day.

Not bad you cleaned the area up for the dry sand hunters, that shows why I am in the water 99.9% of the time...

I see two rings and the band looks like gold??

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That was a lot of digging. Thanks for cleaning out some of the junk from the dry sand for me. Course I won't get any sounds in my headphones at all now. :D

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Nice willie,,,,, Guzz

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt willie d, that's a lot of digging there. I see 2 rings too, always nice to get rings junkers and all. $4.09 huh? reminds me of this.....[youtube=425,350]FoqHPYIUtBM[/youtube]

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maui Mike said:
Nice find! had fun... wtg! shaka Mikey :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FloridaBill said:
Not bad you cleaned the area up for the dry sand hunters, that shows why I am in the water 99.9% of the time...

I see two rings and the band looks like gold??
Yep, I would've preferred being in the water too. :icon_pirat:Both rings are unmarked. The one in the last pic I think is stainless steel. The other one has the plating flaking off, definitely a junker. I have exactly 0 gold from the beach. :'(

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman said:
That was a lot of digging. Thanks for cleaning out some of the junk from the dry sand for me. Course I won't get any sounds in my headphones at all now. :D
LOL That's just the tip of the iceberg. You know what they say, they never get it all. ;D

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

guzz1 said:
Nice willie,,,,, Guzz
Thanks Guzz.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasurdiggrNY said:
Nice hunt willie d, that's a lot of digging there. I see 2 rings too, always nice to get rings junkers and all. $4.09 huh? reminds me of this.....[youtube=425,350]FoqHPYIUtBM[/youtube]
Thanks Glenn. I was thinking the same. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread