Sink me, Bucko! By the barkadeer me booty was found!

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hullo,

This morning I enjoyed a 3 hour hunt before work. Decided to try a new stretch of beach, and saw where they were setting up for a huge surfing contest. Ill be back there afterwards :). That area was pretty dull, so I moved onward, and walked a line north for a mile or so. Along the way, I found what is definatly the coolest item I have yet found. (the pictures show some brown in the black areas, I hadnt noticed this til the camera caught it. might need to clean the inside of it, it looks a lot nicer in person)
pirate1.JPG
pirate2.JPG
This ring is Huge!!! It fits on every finger on my hand, and I love it. It sounded like a nickle in the water, but it is not gold. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Seems like a silly question, but, I am curious. What else sounds like gold, but is not, and is used for jewelry?

Today's sunrise looked promising, the sky was beautiful. I kept peeking over at it, and noticed an area that was getting very bright. So I stopped for a few miniutes, and watched to see the very first glimmer of light to appear. I waited and waited, and then suddenly, and without warning, I saw gold ont he horizon. A bright blazing flash of gold that came and went so fast it took my breath away. I think I will try to watch everytime the sun rises, as it was an awesome sight.

I hope yall enjoyed my neat little find. I also found a charm bracelt, a pocket knife, and a couple bucks in clad. Was a nice little hunt considering how sanded in we are. I hope you are all having good hunts, especially you lucky scallywags down there in Florida around Fay.
Anthony

Oh, and I should clarify on the title :). In honor of this ring, I performed a bit of research into pirate jargon from the following website.
http://homepage.mac.com/crabola/PirateGlossary/Menu22.html
Pretty cool to see all the terms and things they used. I figured since I found a gnarly pirate ring, I would make the post title piratical to suit it. To clarify quickly the words I used, here are the descriptions:

Sink me! - An expression of surprise.
bucko - A familiar term meaning friend.
barkadeer - A small pier or jetty vessel.
me - my.
booty - Treasure.

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
totally cool ring, Heck I would wear it too... neat neat.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely wicked ring. A fine find.

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Stainless steel often signals in the nickel range
A variety of junk jewelry alloys can signal in the nickel-pulltab area
If your ring has no markings it is probably ss

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Both of the guys I work with asked me how much I wanted for it the day I found it. Told em Arr! Tis mine! I have had it on both days, and I think it is going to become my lucky Treasure Hunting ring :).

Stainless steel often signals in the nickel range
A variety of junk jewelry alloys can signal in the nickel-pulltab area
If your ring has no markings it is probably ss

Thanks for the input - and what a pisser. This would be a helluva nice hunk of gold, but, either way, its still an awesome ring, and me likes it. Thanks for the info, it will be well used.

And nick, thanks for the splendorific chantey, i much enjoyed it, and found myself humming along at work today :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread