Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Was way too wet in the cane fields so I got out in my yard today. Yeah. My yard. House built in the 20s and I've never found anything in the yard that was old, even though I've detected it a couple of times just to scratch the itch. I told myself today that I wanted to find either an old coin or a bit of silver, and fortunately (and unexpectedly) I dug both. I refuse to post the clad, so here are the interesting finds. Marble, small bell (Indian or Pakastani?), 1913-D Wheat, and a 1939 Canadian Silver Quarter.

Although these coins are too new to be the type of treasure I look for, to be walking on flat grass, swinging over nice ground instead of slogging through gumbo mud swatting mosquitos and trying not to drop my detector in the foot of water between the rows was treasure enough for today.

Cheers,

Buck

HPIM5137.JPG HPIM5136.JPG

Upvote 20

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alright, Buck! Good to see you posting again. I haven't been on the forum in awhile. Keep it up!

Kirk

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, Buck! Good to see you posting again. I haven't been on the forum in awhile. Keep it up!

Kirk

You've missed some good finds, but my signature line will catch you up to speed. Welcome back!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Wheaties and those George Vl coins are something we hardly see relic hunting in our neck of the woods, but are lurking in every lawn of older houses too!
Surprises me too what I've dug up in my own lawn, things I would expect to see. Props to you for not posting dirty ole clad, just the good stuff, right on!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Silver, copper, and brass (?)!

You say there was....c-l-a-d, in your yard? :icon_scratch: Hmm......have you checked your pockets for holes lately? :dontknow: Either that or your "friends" are doing sneaky night runs flinging crusty clads everywhere laughing, well maybe just snickering. :laughing7: Na, we all know they would NEVER do that! ??? :laughing7:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doug thinks he dropped the silver quarter when we were there-LOL. Just ship it to him. Maybe he dropped it he was forgetting to load his Minelab up when we were packing to leave-LOL. You can find coins in the Sahara desert. HH, Q.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug thinks he dropped the silver quarter when we were there-LOL. Just ship it to him. Maybe he dropped it he was forgetting to load his Minelab up when we were packing to leave-LOL. You can find coins in the Sahara desert. HH, Q.

The last thing I expected was to walk in with a silver coin. Lots of signals in that yard. In some spots there were more holes than grass when I was done... :D

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds!...BuckleBoy, I have been hunting my grandfathers yard for 28 years. This past summer, I recovered a 10k ring dated 1934. house was built in mid 40's. Just think how much treasure is in these yards.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds!...BuckleBoy, I have been hunting my grandfathers yard for 28 years. This past summer, I recovered a 10k ring dated 1934. house was built in mid 40's. Just think how much treasure is in these yards.

Very nice! I bet you're right. Long years ago, I used to live near a 1940s subdivision, and I went door to door asking to detect the yards. Houses were all identical floor plans, blue collar neighborhood. I got lots of wheats, mercs, silver quarters, roosies, and even some nice jewelry from those tiny yards.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting bell. Congratulations.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, finding a silver coin in your own yard is a great day in my books Buck! :thumbsup:

Even if it's only 'Canadian Silver' eh! :laughing7:

Dave

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing like getting a piece of silver on your own doorstep.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couldn't ask for better finds in your own yard.The quarter is a nice find,good wheat find too,it is worth a few bucks.Man I think you did better in your own yard then i did at one of my old sites today:laughing7:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, finding a silver coin in your own yard is a great day in my books Buck! :thumbsup:

Even if it's only 'Canadian Silver' eh! :laughing7:

Dave

After a certain point, silver is silver--even if it is only 80%. ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all this rain we had lately the ground is still too wet for any digging...dig 2" & you hit water. LOL! Great finds in your yard!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
It will do in a pinch. Also shows that the upgrade on your machine found stuff you previously missed. Congrats buddy :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread