Not one ring but two!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well last night it was only 74 degrees and I wanted to go hunt after the wife got home. So I called Baldingboy and told him I was heading to the new place I had gotten permission to hunt.

Met with him at 8:30 and we started huting. Wasn't having too good a hunt when 40 minutes in I found my first wheat penny. I had found 3 the last time I was here along with a MERC and a Canadian Penny. Baldingboy had already found a couple of Wheats and I was starting to think it was going to be an unproductive night when I got a signal that rang in between pulltab and zinc penny and then read gold. So I decided to dig the signal even though I could only get a good reading from one direction. Dug down six inches and popped out the first ring, I knew it was gold just seeing the color in the hole. Walked over to show BB and he just gave me a high five and then mummbled something about pushing me down and beating me to death with his XLT. ::)

I started swinging again and the very next signal I got was the sweet sound of Silver! I thought I had found another MERC. Dug down about five-to-six inches and out pops ANOTHER RING! This one says Sterling and something else inside it.

After two and a half hours it was time to go but I decided to dig two more signals, both ended up being Wheat Pennies, one is a 1917! That's the oldest wheat I have found in quite some time.

The ring says 18kt H.G.E. then it looks like an oval with a V inside then a 5. And oh yeah, the Initial on the Front is an L, the same as my first name!!!
The silver ring says Sterling then either ESPD or ESPO???

Then when cleaning the stuff up today made a discovery that I had found a COLORADO TAX TOKEN!!! My first tax token not from Missouri.

All-in-all a great hunt! Tomorrow is supposed to be 80 degrees at the hottest and low 60s in the evening. BB and I have yet another NEW place to go, so I am hoping we get lucky tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 948
  • 3ls.JPG
    3ls.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 938
  • 18k1.JPG
    18k1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 966
  • 18k5.JPG
    18k5.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 950
  • sterl.JPG
    sterl.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 939
  • lL.JPG
    lL.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 935
  • nike.JPG
    nike.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 941
  • keepers.JPG
    keepers.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 945
  • coltax.JPG
    coltax.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 929
  • coltaxb.JPG
    coltaxb.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 927
  • glhw.JPG
    glhw.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 928
  • sterf.JPG
    sterf.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 911
Upvote 0

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi nice rings congrats & the h.g.e. stands for heavy gold electroplate in case you were wondering but still nice finds....Sniper ;D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yeah I forgot to mention in my post that is wasn't solid gold but only Electroplate. I will keep it up though until I find a Solid gold ring.

Thanks

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's ME......I'll take it all.Electrople still mean's gold though right?Congrat's!! :thumbsup:

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds :o I sure would love to find another ring ! congrats :thumbsup:

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
ESPO is for Esposito. They still make rings today. I found one a couple weeks back, sterling with black onyx and the letter "S". I believe they have made rings since the 20's-30's.

99Brown

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
ME<
BB must have ben really good on this hunt,cause you didn't say a thing about his tu-tu.
Nice digs, ya got.
Joe

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I almost didn't recogninze BB when he showed up to hunt. Jeans, T-shirt and NO Tu-Tu!!!!

He found some good stuff too, I just try not to put all that he finds in my posts because he posts here too. I can tell you he found Silver and a few wheats as well. I think between the two of us we pulled about 10 wheats out of this place and 2 silver coins, 2 rings and about 40 copper pennies!!!

So this place turned out to be pretty good. It is sad that we probably won't get to hunt it when the ground is moist. The beast does a lot better when the ground is damp.

Oh well. We are going tomorrow night to a NEW place and then maybe later this week or early next week we will hit this lot again. supposed to Rain Thursday through Sunday so the following Tues or Wed should be perfect!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooo glad you had a great day! :icon_sunny: Lots of very cool finds and the temps sounded great!

I just dont get it BB really showed up without his tutu?

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy....I thought the Weather channel was showing severe storms over your way.
Hunting in severe weather is not allowed in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Sorry...you have to put them back.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nope the rain and lightning and thunder have all gone around us. We could really use some rain too..... :-\

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
mastereagle22 said:
Nope the rain and lightning and thunder have all gone around us. We could really use some rain too..... :-\

OK, you can keep them then.
Where exactly are you?

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds guys. Also want to thank you guys for telling me what the HGE stands for. I was looking at one of my rings tonight and it says 18kt HGE and has the same symbol as yours. Thank you..Nice finds.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I was on my best behavior and so was Mastereagle. No tutu's or Bunny and Kitty barets or anything.
I actually ended up with a 1947S Rosie, a 1955D and 1918 Wheatie, a gold plated hoop earring, and 25 pennies. Most were copper. I also found a couple matchbox cars and an ornate (whatzit) piece. Not too bad of a hunt for the second week in August...especially around here!

BTW..Mastereagle just got his hair permed or he would have worn his Kitty and Bunny barets. The little gold ring he wears on his pinkie toe and everytime he gets the Explorer near his toe he hollers "Thars gold at this here house!" :wink:

Baldingboy 8)

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I live in Cape Girardeau.

I do NOT have a perm, all you on here that have met me know that I keep my hair short and neat. Seriously BB your folicle envy is almost as bad as another type you routinely display. ::) I have one word for you: Rogaine!

And my feet are too big for me to EVER wear a gold ring on them, geese..... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread