todays (measley) finds

Mutt

Nov 18, 2005
today's (measley) finds

A couple of hours out today, 3/4 of it at a school yard and the rest in a field next to an old cemetary. Found a 2008 penny 3" deep in rock hard dirt (go figure) 2 more pennys and some pull tabs at the school. I found the dime at the field next to the old cemetary about 3" deep.I use a Garrett GTA500. It works pretty good, as long as ya know to stop digging when it says dollar,2" deep and it ain't there. It's getting easier to tell when the detector screen is correct. If it says dime, 3" deep and you dig 4" and haven't found it, mind as well fill in the hole and start swingin' again, cause most of the time, it's a can or some rumpled up sheet metal. I have been researching my area of East Texas (Wills Point). It was a big Texas & Pacific rail road stop and had 8 cotton gins at one time and has been around since the 1850's. I've been a swingin' for 12 years + and have found ZERO silver or gold anything. Can anyone offer me some advice PLEASE???? I have been lookin' to find just one single piece of silver or gold something for way too long, but I don't plan to ever give up. All suggestions happily welcomed. Thanks............................Mutt

Attachments

• today.JPG
    today.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: today's (measley) finds

Just one word of advice RESEARCH alot of it and you will find your gold or silver, you also gotta have your mind set to it.
Good Luck :thumbsup:

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: today's (measley) finds

cwdigger said:
Just one word of advice RESEARCH alot of it and you will find your gold or silver, you also gotta have your mind set to it.
Good Luck :thumbsup:
Good words of advice!
Look for the older sites and consider
the activity that may have occurred
there in times gone by. It helps to
think about who may have been there
(kids, adults), what they might have been
doing (picnics, swimming, football), and
where things may have been (clothesline,
swings, tables). Any of these things will
get you closer to the elusive TREASURE
it is you seek. Good luck!