Not quite what I thought

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well on friday I got a box of pennies from a new bank I finished searching it yesterday. I was feeling lucky on sunday so thats when I started going through it but my feeling was far off. For older coins I ended up with 44 young queens which includes a 1963 which still retains a little bit of shine. 6 1967 centennials, 2 George VI, 1945 and 1952 as well as 2 wheats, 1950 D and 1952 D. The box also produced 46% copper, and 49 americans. For the number of young queens I got it produced more than average but for the number of kings and wheats I got it was far below average. I would have hoped for a better box to start the new year but you get what you get.
Back to school tomorrow which means less time for coins. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't give up man, I had some frustrating nickels going on, but I just kept searching. This is the only way to get cool coins. I sometimes get 3 or 4 wheat cents in a box, but sometimes none. Are you in school? What grade?
Hmm... that would be great if you have found a 1950D nickel :laughing7:, but still a good find. Keep it up!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What time period consitutes a Young Queen? Just curious since I've got some Canadian pennies from the late '60s/early '70s.

Good luck in School.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread