Not real pretty - But it was a Double SILVER & MILITARY day!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real pretty - But it was a Double SILVER & MILITARY day!

Out today with Ironhorse and my find of the day, a 1772 1 Real (it was followed by the 1816 George III that was a little higher in the field) actually came while we were killing time waiting to get a hold of a farmer for permission. We stopped in a field I did a quick walk through many years back and found a small iron patch and Spanish silver happened to be one of my 15 or so targets there. We eventually did catch up with our new farmer friend but the field did nothing more than tease us with a several flat buttons but no concentration. We regrouped with some coffee and drove about ten minutes to a place we picked on last year. Our site didn't give us anything so we walked a new field and found fairly old site as indicated by the pewter buttons in the pictures below. Sadly there was no coins, and really not much of anything else, but it was a good enough spot to kill the rest of the day. My 1700s Navy officer button was a surprise when I got home and don't even know where I found it and have no idea from what site. All in all it was a pretty good hunt because today was a day it would have been easy to end up with nothing.

Attachments

• k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,296
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,297
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,316
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,308
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,295
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,302
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Not real pretty - But it was a Double SILVER & MILITARY day!

JerV3 said:
Nice finds,

Both silvers are nice coins. I noticed you pull alot of foreighn coins. Do you ever find LC and stuff like that. Or are your sites to old to hold those era of us coins.

HH Jer

My sites aren't too old, I'm just too North. ;D I do have some though.... 3 CTs, 1 VT, 1 Rosa, a 1795 lg, a few early 1800s lg, and a decent 1853 lg, 3 flying eagles, maybe a dozen indians, few bullalo, couple Barber dimes, 44 walking half, piece of a bust half, 54 seated quarter. That's 10 years worth so stuff like that is here, just not in any great numbers.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like another great day for you Patch...same area we were in? makes me want to get out real soon! is that a post Rev war button?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Patriot said:
Looks like another great day for you Patch...same area we were in? makes me want to get out real soon! is that a post Rev war button?

We went to get permission for the big field on the road you got the 5 cents the last day of the hunt. The guy wasn't home so we tried a place close... and is where I got the Spanish and Shilling... was a larger site close but was already hunted by someone else. We then went back an was told he'd be home at 1:30, so we killed another hour at a couple of dead fields. About 1:45 we returned got permission, but just found buttons spread around but no site. From there we went back to the area we tried with the windmills. Did our regular site at the bottom of the road on the left and didn't get much, then tried the big field which was suppose to be where we went the day were went there. (Start of day 2) That's where we had the little site but there was barely enough room for the two of us. We did a very fast walk around and found no other sites but definitely don't rule it out, and there are several more fields to go.

The button could easily be 1780s or 90s, not real sure but doesn't mean a whole lot. That's now 2 military for 200 dug buttons! Brutal.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

You and IH have been killing, IP. I envy the hours you guys have spent in the field in the past week. We may get washed out this weekend. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
You and IH have been killing, IP. I envy the hours you guys have spent in the field in the past week. We may get washed out this weekend. :dontknow:

We spent more time on that hunt driving, thinking., and scouting empty fields, then we did digging targets.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

We spent more time on that hunt driving, thinking., and scouting empty fields, then we did digging targets.

If we get skunked this weekend, we'll be living with the skunk for another week. For you guys, the skunk won't last long, because you'll be out again a day or two later.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

If we get skunked this weekend, we'll be living with the skunk for another week. For you guys, the skunk won't last long, because you'll be out again a day or two later.

Think we're going tomorrow, but it's not long before Ironhose gets busy, and the fields get planted, so it will really slow down.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Think we're going tomorrow, but it's not long before Ironhose gets busy, and the fields get planted, so it will really slow down.

It must be nice. :'(

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Will be if we can get on a spot. It will definitely not be a pile of finds, just hoping for the right one.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Will be if we can get on a spot. It will definitely not be a pile of finds, just hoping for the right one.

I just looked at the weather for the weekend. It looks like Sunday is a washout, but we're hoping for Saturday to hold out. If we hunt Saturday, Kirk won't be going, because he will be with his fiance.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Good rain gear and it won't bother you a bit! It definitely won't be as bad as what we had to deal with unless your temps drop close to freezing!

I just looked at the weather for the weekend. It looks like Sunday is a washout, but we're hoping for Saturday to hold out. If we hunt Saturday, Kirk won't be going, because he will be with his fiance.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Good rain gear and it won't bother you a bit! It definitely won't be as bad as what we had to deal with unless your temps drop close to freezing!

Our past two hunts have been a drag, and a weekend washout won't be making me feel any more jovial at this point.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like every one of my sites, small! I suppose it's hard to complain when you come home wityh a few goodies!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Our past two hunts have been a drag, and a weekend washout won't be making me feel any more jovial at this point.

You can't let it bring you down! Just think about that CT and know it's just a matter of time, the right field, and the right target, and you'll be "shaking" again. I assume you shake like your brother. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hunthicks said:
Sounds like every one of my sites, small! I suppose it's hard to complain when you come home wityh a few goodies!

Our "NJ field" and the one beside it is the only large site we've hit in quite a long time. The rest are very small and we usually beat them quiet on the first day.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

You can't let it bring you down! Just think about that CT and know it's just a matter of time, the right field, and the right target, and you'll be "shaking" again. I assume you shake like your brother. :laughing9:

Very true, IP. That 14-copper site was our spring season maker. Without it, we would have been riding the skunk mobile with the stench of skunk spray. :laughing9:

It looks like we may be missing out in the weekend, but we may go next Thursday and Sunday. We'll see if Sunday holds out for us.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Very true, IP. That 14-copper site was our spring season maker. Without it, we would have been riding the skunk mobile with the stench of skunk spray. :laughing9:

It looks like we may be missing out in the weekend, but we may go next Thursday and Sunday. We'll see if Sunday holds out for us.

To me it's all about the great finds.... and I'd rather find a very rare CT than hunt 25 sites and dig all common finds. Don't get me wrong the digging is fun, but it's the big find I'm always waiting for. (make that huge find... even the big ones don't keep me on a high like they used to) The way I see it is your Spring is made, and mine with the French silver that has eluded me for so long, in addition to the real, is getting close. Now the Summer, that may be a little harder to come out smelling sweet, but we'll see.

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil

Those are some real pretty finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job. :headbang:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

To me it's all about the great finds.... and I'd rather find a very rare CT than hunt 25 sites and dig all common finds. Don't get me wrong the digging is fun, but it's the big find I'm always waiting for. (make that huge find... even the big ones don't keep me on a high like they used to) The way I see it is your Spring is made, and mine with the French silver that has eluded me for so long, in addition to the real, is getting close. Now the Summer, that may be a little harder to come out smelling sweet, but we'll see.

We have quite a few hay fields and pastures, so we'll see what the Summer season holds for us. If I get a few nice coins and relics this Summer, I will be happy. I will have to get a good game plan around for the Fall season, so, when that time comes, we should be ready to rock and roll again!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

"My 1700s Navy officer button was a surprise when I got home and don't even know where I found it and have no idea from what site. "

Oh I hate when that happens....Good digs for America.

Navy button is nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread