Not real pretty - But it was a Double SILVER & MILITARY day!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real pretty - But it was a Double SILVER & MILITARY day!

Out today with Ironhorse and my find of the day, a 1772 1 Real (it was followed by the 1816 George III that was a little higher in the field) actually came while we were killing time waiting to get a hold of a farmer for permission. We stopped in a field I did a quick walk through many years back and found a small iron patch and Spanish silver happened to be one of my 15 or so targets there. We eventually did catch up with our new farmer friend but the field did nothing more than tease us with a several flat buttons but no concentration. We regrouped with some coffee and drove about ten minutes to a place we picked on last year. Our site didn't give us anything so we walked a new field and found fairly old site as indicated by the pewter buttons in the pictures below. Sadly there was no coins, and really not much of anything else, but it was a good enough spot to kill the rest of the day. My 1700s Navy officer button was a surprise when I got home and don't even know where I found it and have no idea from what site. All in all it was a pretty good hunt because today was a day it would have been easy to end up with nothing.

Attachments

• k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,296
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,297
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,316
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,308
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,295
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,302
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Not real pretty - But it was a Double SILVER & MILITARY day!

4-H said:
"My 1700s Navy officer button was a surprise when I got home and don't even know where I found it and have no idea from what site. "

Oh I hate when that happens....Good digs for America.

Navy button is nice

I do check every button real quick after digging because I like to know what site military are found, but that one had so little showing it obvously looked like a plain button at a glance.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

I still can't believe the numbers that you guys get on your sites. For example, a so-so day would mean you guys dug 15 coppers, 100 flat buttons, and a beat-up 1700's Navy button. For us, that would equate to a career day. Hmmm...maybe Canada is better than the U.S. for mass amounts of Colonial finds? :dontknow: :help: :'(

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
I still can't believe the numbers that you guys get on your sites. For example, a so-so day would mean you guys dug 15 coppers, 100 flat buttons, and a beat-up 1700's Navy button. For us, that would equate to a career day. Hmmm...maybe Canada is better than the U.S. for mass amounts of Colonial finds? :dontknow: :help: :'(

I think you're a little off on most, if not all of that. For me 5 coppers and over 20 buttons is a decent day, and it's a great day if we had to jump from field to field like in this post. If you think finding a couple early military in the 200 buttons I've dug so far this year you'd be blown away by what I used to find. The only thing we've been able to come up with is the more we travel to find sites, the less military settled there early, so not as many buttons to find. Other than that it makes no sense.

Tomorrow I think we'll be a good example of how we don't always dig a bucket of stuff so be ready for a meager post. Both sites were have in mind for tomorrow we've hit, but not so hard that they're tapped, and at least one is plowed. They were not super productive so our numbers won't be big, we'll just be hoping for a lucky one. I plan to be up for a couple more hours tonight so will try and find an area to take a shot at as we always like to roll the dice on a big day before we settle for a hunted site. Tomorrow is a short hunt so we can't risk a failure to 2:30 like we did on day 2 with the Patriot. I don't care if I only dig one hole tomorrow as long as there's a good find in it! :thumbsup:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love that silver.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go I.P.!!Man you guys always dig those Jews Harps,my buddies dig em,but I cant seem to!!Your not letting us down,keep it up!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kuger said:
Way to go I.P.!!Man you guys always dig those Jews Harps,my buddies dig em,but I cant seem to!!Your not letting us down,keep it up!! :thumbsup:

Yeah I said that yesterday, the harps seem to be popping up a lot lately. Think my count is two complete, and 4 pieces so far.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like a great day with some good finds to me -Congrats on the Navy button! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Short hunt today at a couple spots we haven't been for a while and the results are not worthy of a new thread so I'll throw em on here. We could have dug bullets the entire day but got bored and moved on. Next week we hope to get back on the trail of some new sites

Attachments

• slim.jpg
    slim.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 408

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Short hunt today at a couple spots we haven't been for a while and the results are not worthy of a new thread so I'll throw em on here. We could have dug bullets the entire day but got bored and moved on. Next week we hope to get back on the trail of some new sites

Yeah no worthy for you but I still enjoy hunts when I get some old lead....gotta add to my collection you know... up to 36lbs now .... better luck next time..

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Patriot said:
Iron Patch said:

Yeah no worthy for you but I still enjoy hunts when I get some old lead....gotta add to my collection you know... up to 36lbs now .... better luck next time..

We have two fields that you can measure by the pound. Both places we could dig bullets all day.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

romeo-1 said:
Whoa...I missed this one! Nice hunt, always great to pick up Spanish silver! You've got quite a collection of the Spanish...

1 more for 20! :thumbsup: This latest one is from the best Spanish silver area we have so maybe another site down there will get me to twenty.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Sweet hunt with the double silvers. :icon_thumright:
Even your merger finds beats the one eaten pewter today for me. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread