Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang,

Jeff called and said we should dig. It was 8 am and cold. "Who is this calling please?"

I was feeling artistic today so here is a little story of our dig in pics.

We were so anxious to get to our big field we bypassed McDs and went straight there...hahhahahha

I only found a couple of quarters. Todays was Jeff's day. On his second dig he found something stiking out of a clod of dirt at 2". Can't see it now Jeff, have to take van on an emergency run to bathroom....ugh.

Returning, he shows me his great find. It was a nice ladies onyx oval ring! He also got a little clad. We then went to KFC for lunch and back to find more rings...ha right. Only a little more clad and cold. Good day though because of sun and friendship digging.

Just too cold out to stay detecting so I took some more pics to share with you all. The trees had a Hore frost on them and it was were pretty.

SKD

Ready to Go
100_0817.jpg

How cold is it?
100_0815.jpg

Check mirror to see if I look Detectorish
100_0819.jpg

Changed from slippers to boots
100_0816.jpg

The Chariot Awaits
100_0822.jpg

The Hore Frost is Upon Us
100_0833.jpg

100_0834.jpg

The big field in Dazzling Morning Light
100_0832.jpg

Get everything ready
Mittens, heating pad, and Mt Dew
100_0829.jpg

Just follow a trail to find riches

100_0827.jpg

Ring is stuck in top block of dirt--frozen in
100_0824.jpg

Happy Jeff
100_0823.jpg

The ring on Jeff's mitten
100_0826.jpg

100_0826-1.jpg

SKD Thanks for looking

Upvote 0

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Neat pics and story ....and I sure don't miss those cold winters on Ohio's North Coast either 8)

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium said:
SKD , You guys are way far gone into the addiction - and brutally tough as well ! That ring

is chunky , I'd be very pleased with that one . Could you describe the colors or pattern in the

stone ? you mentioned onyx- I wondered if it might rather be tiger eye , just curious - I play

at the jewelry bench quite a bit . Argentium.
It appears to have a band of yellowish color perpendicular to the long axis of the stone. Maybe that is the tigers eye. It shows up mostly when sun is on it and it appears luminous. There is no silver marking on the inside of the ring anywhere.

SKD

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks SKD, Theres something special about finding homemade rings - which Jeff's certainly

appears to be . I sure wish I could hunt "the Big Field " with you guys , that place is turning

into a honey hole . Argentium.

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daytondigger said:
Terry, was it the frozen dig stories of Ron and I that motivated your dig, or was a case of cabin fever? ;D Now I'm going to have to go back out this weekend. Tell Jeff job well done on the ring.
Steve
Nope, sorry Steve, we just needed to get out cold or not. Usually we hunt monday and tues mornings.

SKD

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys should join the polar bear club...Matt

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Finding a ring in the winter, in the snow is like finding a needle in a haystack. Congratulations on a great find and keep these posts coming :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions