Not sure my numbers are as good as everyone thinks!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well once again my coin counter despite all the positive feedback continues to raise questions...Someone now has questioned me on my finds per day! ??? ::) I do not hunt everyday but.....did think it was an interesting question. So once again I decided to try to answer this question and was actually shocked at my results. Despite having several 100 and one 200 coin day this year, those cold low coin hunts in January and March, did not hunt in February...really killed my averages.

What I decided to do was make this a question I could answer....here goes I based it on my actual hunts this year..

63 hunts 3829 coins.... ok I divided the 3829 by 63 (hope you understand why ;D) and came up with a number of 60.77 , or 60-61 coins per hunt...all of a sudden I did not think those numbers looked that good anymore! And once again definitely not worth questioning...I am learning their are some real goofballs on these forums.... ::)

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
DFX-Gregg said:
63 hunts 3829 coins.... ok I divided the 3829 by 63 (hope you understand why ;D) and came up with a number of 60.77 , or 60-61 coins per hunt...all of a sudden I did not think those numbers looked that good anymore! And once again definitely not worth questioning...I am learning their are some real goofballs on these forums.... ::)

You are still doing GREAT!!!!! No matter what the "goofballs" think.. There are ALWAYS going to be somebody who questions anyones finds. :(

I had hunted a park earlier this year, that I had done some research on the location,and had found a few silver coins when I detected it. Another poster on this forum, said I didn't find them, because he and a few others had hunted it many, many times, and had hunted it out.( well we all know about "hunted out" spots---no such thing)

I had my camera with me and took pictures of the area and it was about 7 acres of land. I had found his "secret" spot and I guess he was mad, someone else found it.

And Gregg,you know, you found those 3829 coins.............KEEP THE COUNTER !!!!!!

You should raise it to 6000 :)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
You do great Gregg! Some of us would be very happy with 60 coins per hunt! Of course I need to stay out there til I find that many too right!? ;) There are always those that question anyone that does better than they do or think they should do.....ignore them and have fun and share it with us on here! :D :D

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Greg, there is no need for formulas and other parlor tricks to make people happy, because screw them, you don't clad dig for them.
I fully believe you find that much... Its easy for people with high end machines (imagine what you could do with an Explorer ;D) and the right locations to do that. As much as I hate clad I've stopped by the local kiddie school and pulled 40+ coins in about an hour/ hour and a half.

Keep truckin' man.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Sorry, but I find your numbers to be unbelievable. Now if you were using the MXT, I could believe you ;D (Had you going didn't I.) Hey don't worry about what others say, you know what you have done. I was hopping you would hit the big 10,000 mark. Good luck and keep kicking some coin butt....

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I can get those kind of numbers too if I wanted. Nothing like bringing the detector in the house and waving it over my coin jug. There has to be 800-900 coins in there. Seriously though, this is one of those hobbies it just isn't fun to lie about what you get. Just have fun and don't worry about the ones who are jealous of your success. I think the most coins I have ever found in one day was 30 or more. You have been out 63 times already this year?? I wish I had that kind of time. Good for you. Keep having fun.

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I have found that generally in the places I hunt, I do about a dollar an hour in clad. Just generally speaking. Usually about 20 coins an hour. At least 12-15 being pennies of course. I have no trouble believing your totals. Just wish my knees and back could do that amount of hunting. lol. HH dave.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
yep... but when you look at that giant mountain, 20 pounds of clad, it sure looks good then.

You sure work it hard Greg, WTG buddy, you are an inspiration to many on this site, me included.

Just think, each one of those coins in that huge pile was dug one at a time. Now that's amazing when you think about it!

Keep dooing what you doo my friend, you got it going on dude!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I don't mean to insult rural america, but I'm guessing the doubters may come from very rural areas that don't have the clad deposits big towns and cities have, so they find things like this unbelievable? 100 coins a day can be done in a NYC park in a days work I'm sure. I think the best I've ever done is around 69 coins, but that was time limited and with the BH 1100. Not sure what I might produce on a goodnight's rest with the 250 on a clad only search. Normally I do not get to much clad in my silver sweep mode, which is alot of overlapping a tight area where I have found wheats.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Dimeman said:
DFX-Gregg said:

You are still doing GREAT!!!!! No matter what the "goofballs" think.. There are ALWAYS going to be somebody who questions anyones finds. :(

I had hunted a park earlier this year, that I had done some research on the location,and had found a few silver coins when I detected it. Another poster on this forum, said I didn't find them, because he and a few others had hunted it many, many times, and had hunted it out.( well we all know about "hunted out" spots---no such thing)

I had my camera with me and took pictures of the area and it was about 7 acres of land. I had found his "secret" spot and I guess he was mad, someone else found it.

And Gregg,you know, you found those 3829 coins.............KEEP THE COUNTER !!!!!!

You should raise it to 6000 :)

Thanks guess you are right I am going to be raising the number but this heat is slowing me down! had today off in the 90's so no hunt! >:(

As far asthe guy who questioned you...how in the world could someone be so arrogant to think he finds everything! A couple of weeks ago I was hunting in a down pour and headed under some trees i just finished hunting...Of course i came out with some more coins! 8) Some people... ???

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
cryptodave said:
Greg, there is no need for formulas and other parlor tricks to make people happy, because screw them, you don't clad dig for them.
I fully believe you find that much... Its easy for people with high end machines (imagine what you could do with an Explorer ;D) and the right locations to do that. As much as I hate clad I've stopped by the local kiddie school and pulled 40+ coins in about an hour/ hour and a half.

Keep truckin' man.

Ha ha on the explorer...I am still thinking about that guy that reviewed his explorer wrote tons of bad things i quoted him and he acted like he did not say the stuff...remember ??? That was funny! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
lucky1777 said:
Sorry, but I find your numbers to be unbelievable. Now if you were using the MXT, I could believe you ;D (Had you going didn't I.) Hey don't worry about what others say, you know what you have done. I was hopping you would hit the big 10,000 mark. Good luck and keep kicking some coin butt....

Not sure if I can make 10,000. With the heat it is getting harder as I am sure you know! I am going to try to break through 5000 sometime in July.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
oldplacesnofinds said:
I can get those kind of numbers too if I wanted. Nothing like bringing the detector in the house and waving it over my coin jug. There has to be 800-900 coins in there. Seriously though, this is one of those hobbies it just isn't fun to lie about what you get. Just have fun and don't worry about the ones who are jealous of your success. I think the most coins I have ever found in one day was 30 or more. You have been out 63 times already this year?? I wish I had that kind of time. Good for you. Keep having fun.

Yes 63 times out for me this year...see that makes it a little more reasonable I guess especially all the pennies i have dug....but only 4 silver coins, do have 12 rings ...that helps a lot! :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
detectordave said:
I have found that generally in the places I hunt, I do about a dollar an hour in clad. Just generally speaking. Usually about 20 coins an hour. At least 12-15 being pennies of course. I have no trouble believing your totals. Just wish my knees and back could do that amount of hunting. lol. HH dave.

That is what I try to do is average at least a dollar an hour. Sometimes I count coins, sometimes money, sometimes just in a daze! seems to help a little when bored!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nick Papageorgio said:
Geesh Gregg,

You gotta stop letting the goofballs getting to you...I know it is tough...

You are super in the clad department and I enjoy every one of your posts...

Dude...Just keep swinging the DFX...The most important thing to remember in your case is this..."Always and I mean "always"...check to see if you have the same kind of shoes on both feet"... ;D

Keep rockin,

Nick

Thanks Nick....I still see myself walking back to the car looking at one black and one white gymshoe on my feet, talking to myself and laughing while those two women were looking at me...was funny! ;D ;D ;D

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Wow 63 times this year, thats great. I'd like to be out that much. How many hours does that equate to???? I usually squeeze in a couple hours a week is all. Good luck to you!!!!!!
Greg

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
DFX-Gregg said:
cryptodave said:

Keep truckin' man.

You know how it is. You can complain about your own toy, but don't let anyone else complain or put it down or theres hell to pay...
Ha ha on the explorer...I am still thinking about that guy that reviewed his explorer wrote tons of bad things i quoted him and he acted like he did not say the stuff...remember ??? That was funny! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
dave that other post about the ring ....getting to weird for me! i am out of that one after seeing the gas can...a little to much for me!

cryptodave said:
DFX-Gregg said:
cryptodave said:

Keep truckin' man.

You know how it is. You can complain about your own toy, but don't let anyone else complain or put it down or theres hell to pay...

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Yeah, it makes no sense to me. He is to the point he is lying to convince people he doesn't know that its ok to sell the stone. GIA keeps track of each number and can identify the owner, but they certainly aren't going to turn that info over... Any number of thiefs could find the ring and think "hey, if they can afford $5000 diamond, then imagine what they have at their house", call GIA and get the info.

Oh hey Greg, you see that button at the top left of the recent treasures... That was found by an Explorer... ;D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
cryptodave said:
Yeah, it makes no sense to me. He is to the point he is lying to convince people he doesn't know that its ok to sell the stone. GIA keeps track of each number and can identify the owner, but they certainly aren't going to turn that info over... Any number of thiefs could find the ring and think "hey, if they can afford $5000 diamond, then imagine what they have at their house", call GIA and get the info.

Oh hey Greg, you see that button at the top left of the recent treasures... That was found by an Explorer... ;D

Do you mean an "explorer" as in treasure hunter with a dfx! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread