Not sure my numbers are as good as everyone thinks!

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
DFX-Gregg said:
cryptodave said:
Yeah, it makes no sense to me. He is to the point he is lying to convince people he doesn't know that its ok to sell the stone. GIA keeps track of each number and can identify the owner, but they certainly aren't going to turn that info over... Any number of thiefs could find the ring and think "hey, if they can afford $5000 diamond, then imagine what they have at their house", call GIA and get the info.

Oh hey Greg, you see that button at the top left of the recent treasures... That was found by an Explorer... ;D

Do you mean an "explorer" as in treasure hunter with a dfx! ;)

Last time I checked I use an Explorer... Yep, still an Explorer! ;)

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
DFX-Gregg, As one who enjoys and is in awe at reading your posts, I don't understand why you find it necessary to continue to try and defend or prove your finds are real. I'm sure most here know the time and "work" you put into your hunts, I doubt those that don't believe you are going to be convinced otherwise..let it go....enjoy yourself, post your finds, and forget about the non-believers.....HH

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
If others don't like it, heck with them. Personally, I'm happy for you in the fact that you have the time to dedicate to metal detecting. The only person that you have to make happy is yourself. I am a newbie to metal detecting, but have had days that I have found over 100 coins. To date I have gotten all clad except a few wheaties and one buffalo nickel. Not too good for my coin count of 1002 coins. However, it has made me happy just being outdoors and enjoying myself.

If others don't like your counter or your posts, let them get ulcers over the ill feelings. Do what makes you happy as long as it does not infringe on others. Keep your counter going, as it is incentive for me to keep hunting.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks for the kind responses....living in a large city population over 2,000,000....maybe that is what some cannot visualize the amount of foot traffic daily in the parks, schools, everywhere....having to get everywhere early just to get a parking spot. Sometimes i wish I lived in one of these areas where they don't understand! At least it is peaceful!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
You have a point there Gregg...it is getting harder and harder to find peaceful these days. I am oh so very glad I do not live in a town the size of yours....I think it is bad enough with around 20,000 lol I would be happy at about population 100 ;) Of course there might only be one coin a month dropped and have to fight the other 99 people to get it! ;)

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
DFX-Gregg said:
Thanks for the kind responses....living in a large city population over 2,000,000....maybe that is what some cannot visualize the amount of foot traffic daily in the parks, schools, everywhere....having to get everywhere early just to get a parking spot. Sometimes i wish I lived in one of these areas where they don't understand! At least it is peaceful!!

I know what you are saying, and here in Houston,with well over 3 million people, there seems to be more detectors hitting the park areas. :(

Many of the tot lots stay pretty clean of coins, even with all the use they get daily. You have to hit the grass areas in the older parks to get any of the older coins, then you have to search real slow, to cover it completely.
The hunters who whiz through trying to cover the whole park are good for me. They miss the coins that are a bit deeper and near the trash signals. ;)

Most all the schools here have locked fences around them so they are pretty well not detectable unless you can pursuade a custodian,school guard, or principal to let you detect to clean out the playground area of trash.(Hard to do)
If you can hunt schoolyards that aren't locked up you have it better than we do here.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Some school yards not locked yet! Act as a second park for kids!

quote author=Dimeman link=topic=91815.msg661208#msg661208 date=1181919794]
DFX-Gregg said:

I know what you are saying, and here in Houston,with well over 3 million people, there seems to be more detectors hitting the park areas. :(

Many of the tot lots stay pretty clean of coins, even with all the use they get daily. You have to hit the grass areas in the older parks to get any of the older coins, then you have to search real slow, to cover it completely.
The hunters who whiz through trying to cover the whole park are good for me. They miss the coins that are a bit deeper and near the trash signals. ;)

Most all the schools here have locked fences around them so they are pretty well not detectable unless you can pursuade a custodian,school guard, or principal to let you detect to clean out the playground area of trash.(Hard to do)
If you can hunt schoolyards that aren't locked up you have it better than we do here.
[/quote]

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Yes 63 times out, taking 4-5 off right now! Its in the area of 190 hours. Approximately 3 hours a hunt, 3 x a week 63 x 3 ===189 hours. Thanks for asking!

gregl01 said:
Wow 63 times this year, thats great. I'd like to be out that much. How many hours does that equate to???? I usually squeeze in a couple hours a week is all. Good luck to you!!!!!!
Greg

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I pulled 127 coins the other day in 2 hrs In the shade I am sure it can be done, anyone questioning it, hasent been to school ;D (that is hunted at schools).
I do live by some small towns, and that helps, but I'd be willing to bet I could get well over 300 coins in 8 hrs, If I dug every penny signal and broke it up into several hunts (couldent go 8 hrs in a park gotta go look for old stuff sometimes).

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
TEXAN Connection said:
I pulled 127 coins the other day in 2 hrs In the shade I am sure it can be done, anyone questioning it, hasent been to school ;D (that is hunted at schools).
I do live by some small towns, and that helps, but I'd be willing to bet I could get well over 300 coins in 8 hrs, If I dug every penny signal and broke it up into several hunts (couldent go 8 hrs in a park gotta go look for old stuff sometimes).

Agree 100% I have hit over 200 coins this year in just over 6 hours. I am sure as you say 300 is within reach...but not sure I want to detect more than 3-4 hours in this heat. I usually hit over 100 at least once a week, normally the one day I hunt a little over 3 hours, then I keep it 2-3 hours each hunt till I feel like hitting 100 again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread