Not surprisingly

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The Wfie was doing some cleanup and down next to the washer under the utility sink she found two cereal bowls of my digs from the last year or so. I've got a problem with bringing home a bag of goodies and leaving them here or there. There's some wheats in there, didn't notice any silver standing out, lots of clad, a couple rings, one obviously junk and this one, looks pretty but there's no mark. There is some gold fill on the side but I'm guessing it's a nice toy ring. It had dirt in the setting so it must have been one I dug versus sand or woodchips. Gotta get the jeweler to look at it one of these days. The second cereal bowl has the toy cars and other non-coin/jewel digs. Tumbling the coins now to see what shows up.

Attachments

• redring.jpg
    redring.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 237
  • redring2.jpg
    redring2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Ah the old cereal bowl has just under 20 bucks in nickels dimes and quarters, 12 wheats from 1920 on to '52, nothing special one silver rosie '46, two heart pendants, one with a rather brilliant piece of glass and some charms, keys and about 5 bucks in mem cents. That's the nice thing about being absent minded, can find the same goodies more than once! Got a few cars and campaign buttons, charms and zipper pulls in the other bowl, nothing too rich, except maybe that Ali G for President button.

Attachments

• cerealbowl finds.jpg
    cerealbowl finds.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 279

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Now thats not fair,,, finding the same stuff twice... ;D
Cool deal,,, I was just going through my stuff from last year, trying to sort it out into different catigories.
I think most of my finds still go under the heading of junk...

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Lowbatts,
that is still nice looking ring, Its always neat to go back through some of our previous finds, kinda like pictures but in 3 -D, congrats on some interesting finds
hh

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Lowbatts, Cool Deal there. Nice ring too :) ...........jeff

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Yep, ain't found much of anything yet this year, some clad, a silver chain, but REfound some of last year's stuff... I'll bet I got another bowl or bag of stuff down here or in the shed or garage somewhere. Boy it needs to warm up here soon. But hey, it's an idea for you other winterized folk who stay shut in during the cold season, just throw a few piles of the year's haul off in forgotten corners each season.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Been there, attempting that. Have some of the plastic Folgers Coffee they use now. Labeled modern, silver, gold, and encrusted object. Still trying to get middle two to fill up faster than the others :D. HH and rehunting.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Aww free, don't tell me you keep a little razor blade and some extra scotch tape handy around Christmas time? ;)

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
f2D, I think you're on to something big here. A chain of indoor detecting ranges.... Hmmm. Could serve as training centers, club hunts and just cold season clinics where we could get a fix. Okay, let's work out the details, costs, and a business plan.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
There ya go, and think Big. Like Supercenters. Bring in you're old silver and trade for clads. Maybe a series of crane machines and gumball machines filled w/wheaties and silver dimes for the kiddies. Just might work.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not gonna touch the 1st sentence. As for the clumps-it should count-and that way everyone gets in on the recovery.LOL

D

Darod

OOOOk,....I won't go there either Stoney! ::)

Anyway,....back on subject,.....Nice finds Lowbatts. That ring is a pretty one. Is it heavy?

Rod

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like last year was very productive.
nice
HH
scav.

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
hey this has gotta be 25 bucks in clad, but I did dig it, thereby negating the f2D Clause of leaving the clump intact. the ring is heavy but unstamped. The red glass looks cut not molded and the six chips are white but don't meet the sparkle test. Nope, last year was so-so, nothing too great, but I do put away bowls, bags and boxes during the hunt season and someitmes forget them until the wife gets near them and smells the coinstar possibilities. The ring can't be real, she left it behind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread