Not what I was expecting.......

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I went to my coin bank yesterday and asked for a bag of dimes and a bag of quarters, or if no dimes were available two bags of quarters. While my teller was away the girl two windows down said that she had $200 in halves and 11 silver dollars, if I wanted them. When my teller came back she had one bag of quarters and told me the only other thing they could spare was a bag of pennies. Okay what the heck, I didn't search any cents last year, because it just got to the point that I would only find about 8 to 12 wheats per bag. But I thought I might get a few of the new ones at least.
So on my way home I'm thinking about what i will most likely end up with. I know the silver dollars will most likely be Ike's, the halves are someone's dump. The quarter bag will be a skunk and I'll be lucky to get 10 wheat pennies.
Well I was right about the Ike's, and right about the halves. (If she would of had 47.50 in halves that is a good sign, if they have nice even numbers that is a bad sign.)
My surprise came in the quarters and the cents.

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Dave, I agree with your comment about nice even amounts of CWR of halves. Like $100 or $200 or $250. Almost always someone else's "dumps". Love it when the teller says, "Oh I have 4 rolls" or "I have $70 worth, Do you want them all?" Then I know there's a good chance there will be some silver.
rileyboy

OP
OP
dave5710

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
rileyboy...Amen to that, my best surprise ever came when a young lady took the bag off their coin-counter and said I have $95 worth in this bag. I got 20 64's, 19 Franklins, a Walker, and one black and green 40%er. I bought her a box of chocolates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread