✅ SOLVED Nothing is sexier that a point!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this morning. Couldnt stay long but I went home happy. So what is the type on it? Found in N GA. Beveled on one side and flat on the other but both sides of the blade is worked :icon_scratch: Thanks, rock

Attachments

• SDC10825.JPG
    SDC10825.JPG
    844.5 KB · Views: 191
  • SDC10826.JPG
    SDC10826.JPG
    791.1 KB · Views: 208
  • SDC10827.JPG
    SDC10827.JPG
    773.9 KB · Views: 161
  • SDC10828.JPG
    SDC10828.JPG
    756.6 KB · Views: 145
  • SDC10830.JPG
    SDC10830.JPG
    750.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Upvote 0

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets stop arguing. First of all the point was chunked probably because it was turning out badly. It never made it to a point type and is doubtful it can ever be solved. As far as snapped base Kirks if anyone ever found them and saw the snap is actually worked you might change your mind . But this thread is not that piece and should be marked as solved as the original OP is not accepting any answer and wants an ID that may not be possible. It is becoming a pissing match.
I agree on the snapped base ;)

rockheadhunter421

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way, if it has a bifurcated base or a snapped base, that lithic material has been modified in such a way to suggest that it was an ancient tool (whether it's a type or not). Dang we all saw them curves, so sexy is what her name is and thats what I'm going with.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to bad it turned out to this type of thing. I was hoping we could all just decide on what it might be but after looking at it in hand I do believe it was made into a knife even though one time it was a point. We do know it is brifacted and probably archaic period. Lets just move on, thanks rock

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JMO this point was not thru being made and for one reason or another it got put down. There is still plenty of stone left to make a good point. The beveled edge could have been made to take more flakes off, it does not look like a broken point to me. Styles are a wide range a knapper could have been taught by one man then saw other styles and put them all into his work. It's a good find Rock:thumbsup:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello rock ,i do not think it ever made it to a point,i wonder ,when they pick up cobbles in the creek too work if they would try to make the base first i have seen some t hat make me feel that way:hardhat:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I take it in August to a show I will give a update on it. There will be people with allot of good knowledge there of this area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am still going to take this piece to the show in Aug.
But I wanted to give a update for now on this piece.
I know a local hunter from my area he is in his 80s and has collected for as long as he can remember. He cant go anymore but when I showed it to him he looked at it and in less than a minute he says.......its a whole piece and is a knife with spokeshaves on it, a wood working tool. Sometimes you just have to ask the old timers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread