Nothing like a hunk of silver for Christmas!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife understood.
I had to get out...Christmas morning, there I go....family won't show up till after noon, so those 4 hours were mine!!!
I got a permission a few weeks ago, but was unable to hit it due bad timing....
Drove by today, guy is walking his dog.....I pull over to re-acquaint myself with him, and provide a holiday greeting.....he says to me, "if you want to hunt today"......WHAT? SWEET!!!

It was a small old yard, pretty clean too....first target was the Old Dude, 1943-S:headbang:
Odd to find a wheat on the surface by the driveway...happens to be the best lookin wheat ever too...1946, obviously a recent drop....the 1945 Winged Liberty dime was deep in a hole, choppy confusing signal, I realized why with the 1940 wheat next to it in the hole...I found about a buck in clad too, and that was good.
IMG_0792.JPGIMG_0793.JPG
So...along the way, I found the junk earring....thought it coulda been the G word, but nope.
Also the parrot brooch has lost its enamel...thinking 1960's or so, maybe older, don't know.

The belle-of-the-ball is the honker silver ring!!!....11.45 grams of sterling, and it's my first monogrammed piece too, guy didn't know who " J R " could have been... he was very happy for me also!:occasion14:
IMG_0794.JPGIMG_0795.JPG

Merry Christmas to me, as I really needed this hunt....
And my best to all of you....thanks for looking!:hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 29
Merry Christmas. Nice hunt for you. Congrats. If I even suggested MDing today, the D word might come up, if I recovered from my wounds!

Merry Christmas. Nice hunt for you. Congrats. If I even suggested MDing today, the D word might come up, if I recovered from my wounds!

Give it a shot!....then you could post those wounds on The Injury Thread!...ha!

Wasn't "J.R." killed off on "Dallas"?
If you kept on digging you might have found the body.
LOL

Awesome hunt Dave. :headbang: Gotta love a permission that produces that many keepers.

Congratualtions on the nice silver and jewelry finds! :occasion14:

Way to get even more out of Christmas than most folks, Dave!! Glad you were into that hunt for a good long time........means you're making progress!!
I stayed away from any permissions today, being Christmas, but you hit the jackpot with yours!!

Way to get even more out of Christmas than most folks, Dave!! Glad you were into that hunt for a good long time........means you're making progress!!
I stayed away from any permissions today, being Christmas, but you hit the jackpot with yours!!

Thanks brother....yup, got real lucky today....
Seems my best/memorable hunts occur on holidays for some reason.:dontknow:

What a way to start Christmas Day off, Sweet hunt, Congrats!! Silver, family, eats, and then a nap.
Guess while most us and watching the ball drop New Year's Eve you'll be out swinging on a night hunt. Lol

I could....but traditionally I'm in bed by 9!:occasion18:

Great finds Dave.
Couldn't help but think Parrot Jungle looking at the broach. It's around 80 years that place has been open in Miami.

Nice finds ! I like the parrot as much as the ring!

strick

Glad you doing well nice finds wow I'm still waiting for enough snow to melt so I can get out this really sucks Thanks for sharing and have A Great Christmas and new year!!!!

JR was pimpin

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Big Congrats on the silver ring and coin. Finding a freshly drop wheat penny on the surface doesn't happen everyday.

tabman

Great hunt Dave, allot of good keepers!

Looks like a great hunt BWD. That is one chunky piece of silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back