Nothing or a Bonanza?

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Depending on how you look at it..... Yes it's all in how you look at it. My mornings hunt (IMHO) was a bonanza. I went to a small park that I just went to a couple of days ago. It was close to the school where I drop my grandson off and I just didn't feel much like driving very far this morning so I really wasn't expecting much today. I went to the tot lot first like I always do. I checked the swings and around other areas and then I hit the sandbox. EUREKA! It was one coin after another. I think the kids didn't have any toys to play with and his parent or guardian gave them a handful of change. All denominations. I found 4 quarters in there so I got my goal right off the bat. I ended up with $2.20 in that sandbox! I also found the axel for a toy car and another whatsit. The whatsit is a small retangle of metal with a cross indented in one side. Beats me what it is. No cars today but I'm happy with the clad. It was a big haul for my little sandbox! I'll take it! :wink:

MoneynJunk031909.jpg

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
My goodness! Not often I have found that much change in an area as small as a sandbox! :o Congrats on your goal pretty lady! Glad you got out!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Cynangyl said:
My goodness! Not often I have found that much change in an area as small as a sandbox! :o Congrats on your goal pretty lady! Glad you got out!

Yeah, it sure surprised me too! I just hunted that park and THAT sandbox day before yesterday! I sometimes find 2-3 coins in there and maybe a car or two but I've never found that much change all at the same time! It was really cool! ::)

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
I would say you did real good. I did about the same once hit a tot lot and got 35 coins in about 30 min all clad but well worth the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions