Nothing Really

Narked1

Oct 11, 2005
Alexandria, Egypt
First post on the site here. Not sure whether to post this here or on the shipwrecks forum, so I'll post this on both. Found a few items on this week's dives that have more historical value than $ value. 1st pic is of nails, musket balls, and a tin spoon found on a wreck from the Battle of the Nile. The nails were packed in bags that would have been loaded into cannon and fired as shrapnel. Probably the musket balls as well since they were found in the same area. The tin spoon is probably from the early 1940's or 50's (a guess) and was thrown overboard because the food was so bad onboard fishing boats :P. As I already said, not worth much, but it was fun to find. Will be returning all of the items that I found to their original locations (or as close as I can get) so that the next diver will be able to enjoy the find. Now, if there's gold involved.... ;)

Attachments

• Assorted_Oct05.jpg
    Assorted_Oct05.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Narked1 said:
Will be returning all of the items that I found to their original locations (or as close as I can get) so that the next diver will be able to enjoy the find. Now, if there's gold involved.... ;)

Now THAT is something few of us ever considered doing !! :D

Welcome to the forum & keep us posted on future finds.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome nice finds...........

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Narked,

nice finds. They are all small treasures.

Neat idea about returning them for the next person; Why not just keep one just for the memory of the dive?

Welcome to the forum.

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread