NOW, Is the time to buy a gold detector

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And I sell them. Gold is Rising! And l'm telling you, There is plenty waiting to be unearthed. Minelab makes the best Gold detectors in the world. Buy one today! Contact your local dealer or, Private message me on this site....Mike

I'm off to Colorado and will be taking My minelab gpx4500. This is the BEST gold machine Hands down, ANYWHERE! . The Eureka gold detector from Minelab is an affordable yet powerful detector for sniffing out small nuggets.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
I have 10 acres of land I wonder if I take say $20,000 worth of gold bars and coins and bury them all if I could charge metal detectorists $300.00 each to detect on my land and let them keep what they find! Do ya think some would like to do that?. I think it sounds fun and who knows I might even make a profit!

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Heck, that might not be a bad idea. I bet you get a lot of people sneaking trying to sneak onto the land to dig it up though. You might have to add security costs. Other than that you would only need 67 people to break even, think you could get that? Oh, and taxes, licenses etc.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, given the fact most detectors would cherry pick all you plantings in an hour and one guy alone...Would put you in the red! I thought about having a dig here and we have over 100 acres. After the math, we figured 100 acres would be too small even with just 50 troops. The average guy swings what, 7-8 foot sweep right? think about it. I know when I detect I like to go slow and find the faint tones but, There are guys (from This website) I have detected with that are plain old cherry pickers! They are greedy and go for just the big tones. Which is fine. To each his own. SO, these guys come pay 300 bucks and run around your 10 acres like mice on meth. How long do you think it will take them to yank yer gold? Great Idea though! It really sounds like it would be fun but, You can find native nuggets and rent machines too. Like Arizona, Alaska etc...And some of these guys find some amazing nuggets.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Having a gold detector is fun and exciting, but does not guaranty a successful hunt. A person still has to educate themself on where gold is and where the nuggets concentrate at. That takes a little bit of knowledge on how gold gets to the surface and how it erodes out of the mountains and pockets up in streams and rivers. And how rivers sometimes changes course leaving ancient river beds high and dry.

This is a good time to buy a detector and start swinging it, but not because you sell them. I give people a small geology class on where to find gold and how to extract it and lessons on how to use equipment before sending them out alone telling them to "Go and prosper". I know you have good intentions for people to get a detector now and start swinging. Let's give them a fighting chance at getting the most use out of their detectors and prospecting equipment along with their purchase.

Minelab is the top of the line detector and will pick up nuggets a little deeper, but my gold detector from another company has done me right finding nuggets also and if the nuggets are within the reach of my detector then it's just as sweet sounding no matter what detector I'm using.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread