Nugget hunting partner in So cal or sacramento areas

Bulletboy

Feb 17, 2005
robbor, we may be in the same boat. I have 4 different guys that will go detecting and prospecting with me. That way I can usually get one out of the 4 to go into the desert with me, a couple of them are novices. I'm not one for clubs but that would be a good option to find a partner or two. There's a lot of guys interested in the hobby that need a little nudge to get 'em going. Try asking some of your friends and you may be surprised.

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Thanks for the reply. Im not one for the clubs either. As for my friends, they are not interested and have no money. Much less I always take friends hunting and fishing who dont know how to do it and everything is always on me. A little tired of beginners. I was hoping to find someone with experience already and their own detector. They also dont have the drive or desire like i do, its just different.

Bulletboy

Feb 17, 2005
Yep. we're in the same boat. A couple weeks ago the temps went down to 105 and the humidity slacked off on the w-end and nobody would go out with me so I went alone for the day. I wasn't as fun as having some company but it was better than staying home. I don't reccommend travelling the desert alone but I did it a lot as a young man in my 20s and 30s. I pack extra water and food and don't push the Jeep or take untried trails without walking them 1st.

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Hey Bulletboy tell me a little more.
Where do you live and hunt?
What detector do you use?
What do you Normally find?
I'm really new to detecting and as a learn I get more questions.

Bulletboy

Feb 17, 2005
robbor, this will only be my third season nuggetshooting. I bought a ML Advantage for coins and relics b/c I'd always wanted to try MDing. I found some small nuggets with it right after I bought it, like the 1st time I tried... just beginner's luck.
Now I have a ML 18000 and still learning it. I prospected off and on since the early 80s out here in Imperial Valley's Chocolate and Cargo Mts. I have a friend that knows the Julian area pretty good so that's another place to spend some more time in. I live about 10 miles north of Mexico.
The XT finds some small stuff but I'm not too proud to dry pan or crevice, it's all fun to me. Relics are fine as well. Just running around in my Jeep and exploring is fine too. My wife is cool about me camping for 3 or 4 days at a time so I can't complain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions