NW FL~What Metal Detector is good for Orange Clay, receding lakes, creek/river edges

Rebelrock

Tenderfoot
Jan 16, 2013
North West Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to buy a new metal detector, but need help. I have read so many posts and articles, I am even more confused about mineralization. We live in the Orange Hill area (Clay). So of course we would like to hunt the old native american settlements here. We have access to many creeks, dried up ponds and receding lakes (some dirty sand and white sand). We also put in on the Choctawhatchee and Chattahoochee River often, my daughter and I thought it would be fun to metal detect on the edges of the river. What you you recommend?

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the type of detecting you mentioned.......mineralization, relics, water, etc, I would get a P.I.water machine. White's Tesoro, and Garrett all make a good one. They won't have a discrimination feature so if you have lots of iron targets that aren't a good relic, it may drive you crazy, but you'll find the targets if they're there. If you don't want to dig iron, you'll want a multifrequency machine like what Minelab sells.....Excalibur, E-trac. CTX3030, etc, but you'll lose a little depth. A lot more money but it sure saves digging all the junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread