NW SCUBA/Dry Suit First Attempt Detecting Finds

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
This is my first post but have been reading the site for a couple of years. I've done SCUBA in the NW for quite some time so it was an easy transition for me to put a detector in my hand under the water. I have normally done only land detecting but picked up a Fisher 1280-X on the cheap so thought I would give it try. I spent about an hour in a nice cold NW Lake detecting. By golly, it was a lot of fun too. I'm sure I'll be doing more.

Attachments

• Water Detecting 10-08 Post.jpg
    Water Detecting 10-08 Post.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Glad to hear there is another water hunter in Tacoma. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Loosemoose

Jun 13, 2007
Sydney Australia
Detector(s) used
Excal
Welcome Mcmurphi and congrats on a successful first day, the pocket watch is a real find, does it still work? I bet it has a story to tell, like so many of the finds we see, well done.

Northern Lights

Sep 15, 2008
Georgian Bay Lake Huron, 2 hrs N. of Toronto
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pulse, tesoro silver sabre, fisher 1280x
welcome aboard, start hitting those diving rafts at the beaches, us waders can usually only get close to one side of them, the abandoned or commercial sand pit swimming holes are another good area for divers.

tc

rehless

Mar 23, 2008
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, Surf PI, Tesoro SS, Cibola, Tejon, Troy X2
Nice pics. I live in Bellevue and dive and snorkel. Have two dry suits and since I'm short, they fit me like a gunny sack. Had them customized as much as possible. So I wet suit it. Used to go all winter, but now that I'm 71, I ease off in dead winter. Go in to Lake Washington a lot. Lots of lakes here, some with some deep buried goodies. Trying to hunt around the swimming platforms is hard to do with the weed growth. Keep 'em swinging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread