NYs Day Hangover Dive

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NY's Day Hangover Dive

Well, we couldn't get in any of the good spots due to the weather so we headed to a spot that we cleaned out years ago. There is still some really good finds to be had there but most are under 3 ft. or more of silt. The finds were meager to say the least but there were a couple of keepers. I got the brick, I am collecting old hand made bricks and the ones with the makers names on them to make a unique walkway to my back deck.
Find of the day was an embossed Milk Of Magnesia bottle from the 50's I guess.

Happy Hunting,
ZDD

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave, you would be able to answer this question since you hit the water when it is this cold (more power to you). You use a Garrett. Does it get a little whacky in freezing water? Have you noticed any operational characteristic that changes with decreased temperatures? I've had the Sea Hunter II and the Infinium and they never seem to change function regardless of how hot it is. I've always wondered how cold affects them.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry, I have yet to have the Sea Hunter in the water during the winter. I might try it soon if I have the time, there are 2 beaches here I want to check out. The AT Pro does loose it's battery strength quite fast in the cold so I tape on a hand warmer and then wrap it up with a scarf or toque. When it has low battery strength it gets very chattery and noisy, I would suspect all MDers would do the same when in waters that are around 30-34*.
Water temp now is still in the high 40s so it will be at least Feb. before the water is at it's coldest. I will take it in for a quick splash then and let you know how it works.
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions