Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin claimed in one of his posts that the templars had visited mars. With no rocket or space vessel technology available at the time, the only explanation for his statement had to be a space/time warp tunnel...

Of course you would have to ask franklin how the templars actually traveled to mars. Without factual evidence one can only speculate....

Templars on mars.....and yet they couldn’t even cross the Atlantic....

PROOF ! show me the post. until then you are spreading baseless rumors.

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stone causeway built through the swamp for for the excavator...

View attachment 1903996

The swamp has been previously excavated...

Watched as much of the show as I could stand the other day..."excessive nodding" was my only takeaway...

This is a picture of Smith’s Cove…

The stone road going through the swamp currently being examined was definitely not built for an excavator…

There was reportedly a road when Charles Morris surveyed the island in 1762. A road was also shown on a 1785 survey of the island. The road supposedly ran southeast to northwest the length of the island. It was the basis for how the lots were split up. In my opinion, this is likely the road that is being uncovered. Unfortunately neither of these surveys are available online in order to verify. I have also tried to reach out locally over the years for these surveys and no one has been able to provide a copy of them. It wouldn’t surprise me if the show was hiding known information again. (My inquiries into the surveys/road were all made prior to the unearthing of the road in the swamp.)

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another "recent discovery" in Smiths cove?...

uvyol0tiu8h21.jpg 44hzkhl498b21.png 38-Prometheus-Entertainment-AE-Networks-via-IMDb.jpg

This is a picture of Smith’s Cove…

Why yes it is...but this is not the entire limits of the excavation... A cobble rock road that wide in 1762???? look at the size of the rocks...hardly something for animals or anything to roll on.

04-oak-island-poklad-768x499.jpg 05-oak-island-poklad-768x606.jpg

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 90 foot stone was claimed to have been found in 1804 and somehow disappeared in 1912, and has long been considered a hoax...and I might add, had nothing to do with those "other companies" you mentioned in another strawman argument.
'Nuff Said!

but the hole had to be there that you and others are claiming was not. THAT is what we're talking about here.

and as fast as ya'll jumped on the swamp post above ya'll didn't bother to pay attention and realize it was actually smiths cove.. The first time an excavator had been on the island was from Dunfield after he built the causeway to get it over there.. ya'll are pitiful...and you wonder why no one believes what ya'll say......

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone else see a road into the swamp???

K71TXsB.jpg sNGMcIk.jpg

From 2013...

5T6vBgQ.jpg

ya'll are pitiful...and you wonder why no one believes what ya'll say

I suggest you watch what you say about members of TNet....

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
but the hole had to be there that you and others are claiming was not. THAT is what we're talking about here.

and as fast as ya'll jumped on the swamp post above ya'll didn't bother to pay attention and realize it was actually smiths cove.. The first time an excavator had been on the island was from Dunfield after he built the causeway to get it over there.. ya'll are pitiful...and you wonder why no one believes what ya'll say......

If I were you, my friend n2mini, I wouldn't be so quick to call others "pitiful"
The original story was that the three found a depression in the ground on Lot 18, that was owned by Smith's father.
The tale continues with the three returning with shovels and then digging a hole about 10 feet deep.
Word was spread if the possibility of a treasure vault of Captain Kidd.
In 1804 the story of the 90 foot stone was passed around, and Smith charged a fee to folks who wanted to look at it.
That also provided an income for those than ran a ferry source to Oak Island.
When people stop coming for a look at the 90 foot stone, Smith gave it to a Halifax bookseller who displayed in in his store.
On 1912, the stone just disappeared with hardly a notice.
As for the "hole" of which you are so obsessed as a "holeogist", there are many holes in the ground in North America as well as the entire planet, but little notice is given due to the total lack if a fabulous treasure story attached to these holes.
The story/stories grew bigger and bigger about this alleged treasure hole is what drew people and companies to Oak Island, not the, BUT what they dreamed was in the hole.
Those that are "pitiful" are those that have bought into this story based on the embellished story of the three, and those that wasted and lost money attempting to find an imaginary treasure.
'Nuff Said!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you do believe the story about there being a 90' stone in order to be chagrging people to look at it. Regardless of what might have been carved on it, it was real!!!!! End of story. I'm done here for now... Ya'll have fun without me for a bit..

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you do believe the story about there being a 90' stone in order to be chagrging people to look at it. Regardless of what might have been carved on it, it was real!!!!! End of story. I'm done here for now... Ya'll have fun without me for a bit..

We have always stated the 90' stone was a fake carved to hoax investors. There was NEVER a stone found in the imaginary money pit on an imaginary oak platform at 90'.

With n2mini now admitting the 90’ stone was a fake he too agrees that the money pit is a hoax as well...

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What i find most amazing about Oak Island is that those trying to find it, only view evidence through the favorable lens of affirming their belief, meanwhile, there is literally a mountain of evidence that supports there is no buried treasure what so ever.

If this was an actual criminal investigation, or a legitimate archeological dig, it would have been closed with prejudice as being completely unfounded long ago.

Last edited:

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...In 1804 the story of the 90 foot stone was passed around, and Smith charged a fee to folks who wanted to look at it.
That also provided an income for those than ran a ferry source to Oak Island.
When people stop coming for a look at the 90 foot stone, Smith gave it to a Halifax bookseller who displayed in in his store.
On 1912, the stone just disappeared with hardly a notice...

ECS, I understand your point. Just some historical clarification. Smith did not provide the stone to the Halifax bookstore. At the time of his death in 1857, the stone was hidden from view behind a wooden partition. The stone was removed around 1864 and taken to Halifax to Truro before ending up in the Halifax bookstore. I am not sure on exact timing of the stone ending up in the book store. The first reference I can recall of the stone being on display at the book store is in 1903.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yawn. so charlie thinks that the romans made their way to mars, and Franklin thinks there Might be a portal on OI. I don't think either idea holds water.

Reading comprehension must be low.....Charlie was demonstrating how weak minds twist unrelated things into fictional stories.

You stated that I was spreading baseless rumors and asked that I prove someone here posted about a space/time warp tunnel.

I provided absolute proof that someone did. In the future you might do a better job of fact checking before making baseless statements. We have too many of those here...

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS, I understand your point. Just some historical clarification. Smith did not provide the stone to the Halifax bookstore. At the time of his death in 1857, the stone was hidden from view behind a wooden partition. The stone was removed around 1864 and taken to Halifax to Truro before ending up in the Halifax bookstore. I am not sure on exact timing of the stone ending up in the book store. The first reference I can recall of the stone being on display at the book store is in 1903.

Why would a stone containing the directions to a treasure of untold fortune be passed around as an oddity before being discarded? More evidence that the stone was a fake....

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We could also mention that the stone was used to beat leather. As a result the stone supposedly became so worn that the inscription was impossible to read by the early 1900s.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/571864-90-foot-stone-evidence-lack.html

This thread shows the stone was for the most part a hoax to raise money for investors

No one ever saw that alleged in scripted code on the original find.

You can visit the original article here https://web.archive.org/web/2020121...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

The guys that wrote this blog now work for the Laginas. I imagine they were paid to take their site down. It has(had) heaps of excellent research.

The Laginas are not interested in the truth... Just the narrative they want to spin...

https://web.archive.org/web/2020121...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kinda hard to make up the whole 90' stone story without there even being a hole.... Where these people just standing around everyday telling jokes to each other and then then one of them thought it would be funny to add in the stone story at 90' just for $#@! & giggles... they then packed up and left without ever digging anything?? that is a heck of a way to spend a summer and lets hope it was summer time as it get awful cold up there to just be standing around not doing anything and not be getting paid anything or atleast not much...

THAT scenario is probably MORE likely than any of the others. They got notoriety, they got "famous", they may or may not have profited from it...at least countless others have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions