Oak Island Pre Sept. 1866. Before TV Prodercers & the Laginas invented the Templers

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Absolutely I proved it. Because I said nothing is there. So, by your definition of reliable theories my claim is valid and you must assume that to be true. And you can't prove otherwise.

See why your method sucks?

Well actually, I could prove something was there. I can just reference the material that is out there, but it's not up to me to prove anything. Again, there are eye witness accounts such as D'arcy O'conner, there are various articles, statements from other witness, video and photography, as well as tangible physical artifacts that came from with-in the pit as well as around the island. All this has been established for a hundred years or more. You are saying everyone is lying because there is nothing there. I say "okay, prove that". Your response? "Because I said nothing is there".

"My method"(as If I just made this up), has been used in American court of law for hundreds of years. You are the procescuter, the story is the defendant. The burden of proof is on the debunker.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sadly, unless the Hole was kept Sterile From the first Dig on,
there are Chances of stuff Falling in over the 300 or so years people have been trying
to dig What some insist Someone did to bury a treasure in less then their Lifetime.
& Booby trap it too.
in a time before machinery even.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again, there are eye witness accounts such as D'arcy O'conner, there are various articles, statements from other witness, video and photography, as well as tangible physical artifacts that came from with-in the pit as well as around the island.

Eyewitness of what? The treasure? No. Anything of value? No. A few surface finds? Yes. Probably left by the centuries of treasure hunters, fishermen, soldiers, sailors and those that turned the site upside down looking.

Thankfully our legal system is NOT based on hearsay and second hand statements.

I am not the prosecutor. I am the defense. I say Oak Island is innocent of treasure and any stories otherwise are fabrications and falsehoods. Let the poor island free, your honor. There is no evidence and no crime has been committed other than repeated violations of the soil.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PS - I have been on several juries and grand juries. Eye witness accounts can be contradictory. And someone can be "truthful" but still incorrect or wrong. Just because someone honestly believes something to be true does not make it real or factual.

That's why evidence is important.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Either you not hearing what I am saying or I am not explaining it well. Either way, I'm done trying to debate this.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure of the Knight's Templar was buried on Oak Island-------Petter Amundsen proved that in his decoding of the works of Shakespeare among other works of the seventeenth century. The treasures were removed and placed into Colonial hands eventually going to Washington, D.C. This has been proven by another gentlemen's find work on decoding the KJV of the Holy Bible.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if Shakespeare had incorporated such things in his works it does not prove the treasure ever made it there.

Wouldn't be the first shipment diverted by a opportunistic crew and captain.

If there was a treasure.

And, personally, I find the thought that the KJV was encoded preposterous.

The church OR king would have kept the treasure much closer at hand. "To do good works" and all.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Wiki:

William Shakespeare (26 April 1564 (baptised) – 23 April 1616)was an English poet, playwright and actor, widely regarded as both the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist.

Not exactly a Historian, Time Traveler,psychic
or person who Writes in Codes that need to be Decoded.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly.

It would be like someone claiming there was hidden code to treasure in the works of Arthur Miller (Death of a Salesman).

Question #1 would be why bother?

Question #2 would be what treasure?

Shakespeare is just old text and easily available, so it is the logical choice for illogical code seekers. Same with the Bible. Old and available.

That and no one can understand Chaucer, anyway.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly.

It would be like someone claiming there was hidden code to treasure in the works of Arthur Miller (Death of a Salesman).

Question #1 would be why bother?

Question #2 would be what treasure?

Shakespeare is just old text and easily available, so it is the logical choice for illogical code seekers. Same with the Bible. Old and available.

That and no one can understand Chaucer, anyway.

Sorry you and jeff of pa are both wrong. Go to Petter Amundsen's work and study it. Sir Francis Bacon and other scholars working together wrote Shakespeare. Sir Francis Bacon also looked over and made the final book of the KJV of the Holy Bible. Both are encoded. I have been for a long time working on finding the secret messages hidden in the KJV Holy Bible. Other early American Documents are encoded as well. I have some of all their messages but not all, yet. A work in progress.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sorry you and jeff of pa are both wrong. Go to Petter Amundsen's work and study it. Sir Francis Bacon and other scholars working together wrote Shakespeare. Sir Francis Bacon also looked over and made the final book of the KJV of the Holy Bible. Both are encoded. I have been for a long time working on finding the secret messages hidden in the KJV Holy Bible. Other early American Documents are encoded as well. I have some of all their messages but not all, yet. A work in progress.

AND to be objective, I would say to this person, show us the proof.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND to be objective, I would say to this person, show us the proof.

Sorry you and jeff of pa are both wrong. Go to Petter Amundsen's work and study it. Sir Francis Bacon and other scholars working together wrote Shakespeare. Sir Francis Bacon also looked over and made the final book of the KJV of the Holy Bible.

Prove it to yourself. If you can not prove it yourself, nothing I can say to you will convince you either.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Would I love to see some great treasure pulled out of the ground from Oak Island? Of course I would! One thing I've enjoyed about the Oak Island show is you actually get to see what is going on. As a child reading about it, you just don't grasp everything like you do when you actually see it. This show has provided a lot more 'history' of the island excavations.

Growing up, envisioning the flood tunnels, it was a cut a dry what they looked like and how they operated. However, with the show, I think it's become clear that there are not flood tunnels, but just natural water table issues (they are on an island after all). As a former archaeologist, the first plan of attack would be to locate the flood tunnels at where they start in Smith's Cove. You find them and you can follow them. If I remember correctly, they did the dye test and nothing came of it. When they FINALLY decided to locate the box drains at Smith's Cove, they came up empty. Also, they are drilling holes all over the place, as they don't even know where the original pit is located, so the holes filling with water from flood tunnels is a bit off in my opinion. The odds are against them having all these different holes that still match up with specifically laid out flood tunnels.

The other main thing about the Oak Island Money Pit is the fact that there truly is zero evidence of anything. It's all based on stories. There wasn't a scientific method based excavation that was properly documented. Just stories of what was dug up and found. Lost stones with weird letters, curses, etc. In a court of law, it's nothing more than hearsay. This very well could be an Occam's Razor type situation. Perhaps in the 1790's some people did dig a hole and actually found some treasure. To keep it quiet, they put on a show as if they are still looking, while all the while they already dug everything up. I think stories like these are just like the telephone game you used to play in school. The first person says a phrase to the next person and as it goes further and further down the line, the phrase changes considerably. I remember in college that we stayed at this old house as a base of field operations for our archaeology school. We made up some stories about ghosts and murder happening there that we would tell the college kids the next year that went for the first time. Fast forward 10-15 years down the road, I had to get with my friends to verify that we even started that story, as it had gotten so out of hand with the tellings of it. I think that is what has happened with Oak Island. One story just grew and grew.

Again, I REALLY want to believe there is something hidden there, but the Lagina's have deployed the most scientific and advanced drilling and survey technologies available and still haven't found anything to corroborate a treasure. All they have found is evidence others have spent tons of money digging up the island before them looking for the alleged treasure.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least Amundsen isn't claiming aliens wrote the works of Shakespeare.

But I still don't think there is a code there.

And The Bible is a compilation of dozens and dozens of old papers and letters. The "code" would have needed to been started 800 years BC in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic and updated rght through 400 AD in the original languages, then assembled and translated into one language. That was done several times before the KJV. Many of those original texts still exist in multiple copies and the translations still hold up.

The message in The Bible isn't hidden.

Just because working backwards you can find letters that spell "elephant" on a page of text doesn't mean there is a hidden message about elephants on that page.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to open your eyes and mind to see.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what peer review is all about. Other eyes and recognizable, repeatable "facts".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what peer review is all about. Other eyes and recognizable, repeatable "facts".

Look I have already given you the researcher's names. You keep quoting encyclopedia information as fact when it clearly is not. You can go to their websites, read the work, watch their work on youtube but no you keep rehasing old information that is passed down as fact. Well, I can tell you the facts have been wrong for a long long time. Dig into others work and verify their work then you can see clearly that history is being taught wrong, preachers are preaching the same old sermons without researching their Bibles and the people stay confused and uninformed. Research Research Research. Everyone can search on the Internet, through Google and other sources and find a wealth of facts but are those facts correct? No No No

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Au contraire.

I have devoted quite a lot of time to sturdy of The Bible and the source documents going back LONG before the internet into the 1970's; and reading translations of earlier sources of the myths and regional hero tales that some of the Old Testament Biblical stories have evolved from. Even as far as going through the original Greek texts and translations with a friend and Doctorate/Pastor.

I still subscribe to Archaeology, Biblical Archaeology (very biased but interesting), National Geographic and Smithsonian and keep up with finds as the are published.

It's extremely fascinating just as it is without making it to be a "secret codebook".

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Prove it to yourself. If you can not prove it yourself, nothing I can say to you will convince you either.

I've had people tell me that the world is flat. I've tried to prove it to myself. I wasn't able to. Had they presented me with better evidence, perhaps I could have.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's extremely fascinating just as it is without making it to be a "secret codebook".

Well that is exactly what it is a "secret code book"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread