Oak Island - The contrarian views thread! Ver.II arrgggg! arrgggg!

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
placeholder #8

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
placeholder #9

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
placeholder #10

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ought to be an easier way to get posts

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
amen! :) They are to prevent a certain someone from filling up the first 'X' number pages of this thread with 'Oak Island according to Garp' when he was the reason that the first version of this very Thread was deleted at my request. Their purpose may not be apparent but as time goes on - that will become more evident.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie - so you don't think anything is there?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. Nothing man-introduced that predates 1795 entry to the pit.

But that's just my theory based on the evidence. I discount the evidence that disappeared (the timbers, the rock at 90ft) as they are heresay. The mortise with the "IV" is likely just marking the fourth mortise - being handmade you mark the pieces designed to fit one another. No evidence it's not post 1795. Coconut fibers were not found in the pit.

Will revise as Spin & Marty slowly reveals bits on their made-for-TV dig. Or whateve it is.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the Hobson Island rock with the carved V?

View attachment 1111361

View attachment 1111362

That was marked by Champlain as the old spelling for the letter U on his map legend.....called Isle St Martines. This was 1604.

What about the English Pirates who ditched their ship and their duty, saying they crashed in Mexico in Tampico Bay, and WALKED TO NOVA SCOTIA in 11 months.

David Ingram (explorer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were 60 leagues from Cape Breton, when picked up by French in 1569....that is EXACTLY the distance to Oak Island from the point they were recorded as being there as Pirates on Oak Island. 180 miles @ 3 miles per league as English land distance was charted then.

They had been in the exact location, told the French Captain they were stranded Privateers from England, and only the 5 highest ranking officers were found there??

Found by the captain M. Champaigne (NOTE not Samuel Champlain), the Captain told the story of 100 men left for dead .....when in reality there is now proof these men made a camp and a mooring dock in the Cape Breton area on the Eastern point.

When the captain returned to England, he ran from the Charter agreement and the regents who questioned him, for 13 years, to then give a very loose statement to them that all his men were dead, save a few that went South.

In reality the ones who were alive, stayed behind and were the Pirates who left to patrol the Eastern Coast of the Cape there after the Captain was 'rescued'. The captain made an ill charted return trip and was killed sometime after.

Almost the same names of the two French captains, LOL a true coincidence....but they were in different places,

and the theory I have found evidence for, now supports these English types were traveling North to Nova Scotia, going there with the leftovers of their troves as they traded across the North American Continent along the Atlantic, using Native trails, in what has become known as The Impossible Walk, while camping at Oak Is, and moving their way east.

This shows that also there was information passed to Henry IV, and that he then sent Champlain there to map the areas and to inspect these areas with another interest. Using the Island to mask clues related to their troves, and keep people hunting for Pirate Treasure.

Note how some clues are there, and some are hidden on the island....thats because the orignal Burton Block was left there by the English Pirates who were around the Island in 1568/9.

Hate to say it but Sorry Charlie, there were actually 2 different sets KNOWN to have talked about being there camping and making mapstones for their legends

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie - so you don't think anything was ever buried there?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree - whalers, cod fishermen, loggers, miners, soldiers, many, many people been around and on that island and all the others in Mahone Bay. No evidence any of them buried anything very deep so far.

I'm pretty sure no evidence anyone ever buried anything they wanted back deeper than 60 feet - ever. Probably much less. Tombs, shipwrecks, mines - yes. Treasure, plunder, retreivable goods - usually pretty shallow unless it was in an existing mine. Takes a long time and a lot of effort to dig that deep. Human nature is to keep your wealth where you can keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
interesting post - thanks! I definitely think the players in all this lied like hell to obscure what they really did and hide their plunder or ill-gotten goods.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dรฉja vu.
Nope. Nothing man-introduced that predates 1795 entry to the pit.

But that's just my theory based on the evidence. I discount the evidence that disappeared (the timbers, the rock at 90ft) as they are heresay. The mortise with the "IV" is likely just marking the fourth mortise - being handmade you mark the pieces designed to fit one another. No evidence it's not post 1795. Coconut fibers were not found in the pit.

Will revise as Spin & Marty slowly reveals bits on their made-for-TV dig. Or whatever it is.​

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie - yeah I agree the depths are out of bounds unless their were already existing caves or caverns. I think typical pirates would bury chests 6-8 feet deep. That was the basic depth of the chest buried on LBI, NJ by a large marked Cedar. And yeah sorry if you had to post any of this twice due to delete.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 5 guests) waves! :)

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on what time frame/theory you think to be true their may have been tunnels already there from the crew that dug up tons of Fool's Gold... and I could have swore I've read somewhere that someone had found coconut fibers in the money pit, most likely after it flooded of course and some of it washed in from the shore area..

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the "Invite" but Rick and Marty know where to find me!

Rick and Marty team - if you're reading this post: There's a guy on this site who is a Freemason theorist (Royal
Society of London, Baconist (primary), and Alchemists). He'd really like an audience with your team. Hence, he finds
'anyway necessary' to post on every thread on this site that is about Oak Island. Perhaps your team could invite him
to your 'war room' so he can explain to you how there is no treasure now and why. That'd be great for us because then
maybe we could have a string of posts that do include what this tread was designed to be about. I tried to be nice
about it and clearly spell that out on the first post - that didn't work the first time or the second time (no real
surprise there); and he has his own thread on oak island on this site dated Dec 02, 2014 02:47 PM. Thoughtful
consideration of this request and it's implied 'real meaning' will surely help you understand the deal here with
this somewhat odd scenario. :)
[/QUOTE]

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Eldo - Excellent!... account of David Ingram, English Explorer

What about the Hobson Island rock with the carved V?

View attachment 1111361

View attachment 1111362

That was marked by Champlain as the old spelling for the letter U on his map legend.....called Isle St Martines. This was 1604.

What about the English Pirates who ditched their ship and their duty, saying they crashed in Mexico in Tampico Bay, and WALKED TO NOVA SCOTIA in 11 months.

David Ingram (explorer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were 60 leagues from Cape Breton, when picked up by French in 1569....that is EXACTLY the distance to Oak Island from the point they were recorded as being there as Pirates on Oak Island. 180 miles @ 3 miles per league as English land distance was charted then.

They had been in the exact location, told the French Captain they were stranded Privateers from England, and only the 5 highest ranking officers were found there??

Found by the captain M. Champaigne (NOTE not Samuel Champlain), the Captain told the story of 100 men left for dead .....when in reality there is now proof these men made a camp and a mooring dock in the Cape Breton area on the Eastern point.

When the captain returned to England, he ran from the Charter agreement and the regents who questioned him, for 13 years, to then give a very loose statement to them that all his men were dead, save a few that went South.

In reality the ones who were alive, stayed behind and were the Pirates who left to patrol the Eastern Coast of the Cape there after the Captain was 'rescued'. The captain made an ill charted return trip and was killed sometime after.

Almost the same names of the two French captains, LOL a true coincidence....but they were in different places,

and the theory I have found evidence for, now supports these English types were traveling North to Nova Scotia, going there with the leftovers of their troves as they traded across the North American Continent along the Atlantic, using Native trails, in what has become known as The Impossible Walk, while camping at Oak Is, and moving their way east.

This shows that also there was information passed to Henry IV, and that he then sent Champlain there to map the areas and to inspect these areas with another interest. Using the Island to mask clues related to their troves, and keep people hunting for Pirate Treasure.

Note how some clues are there, and some are hidden on the island....thats because the orignal Burton Block was left there by the English Pirates who were around the Island in 1568/9.

Hate to say it but Sorry Charlie, there were actually 2 different sets KNOWN to have talked about being there camping and making mapstones for their legends

marooned.jpg
Logic dictates that if I were a "Privateer or Pirate" noted for attacking Spanish Ships and Marooned in Spanish Waters, I too would high tail it to the nearest British port.

My questions would be:

If he and 100 followers were marooned as stated, would Captn John Hawkins have allowed them to take any of the treasure?

How much weight of Gold would have been possible for the 5 remaining men to have carried to Nova Scotia?
A gold bar weighs 12.5 kg. The volume of a bar is 0.65 litres.1 litre of gold weighs 19.3 kg, which roughly corresponds to the weight of a 5-year old child.
The distance between Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico and Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada is approximately 4,316 km or 2,682 mi.
That is a long distance to be packing a treasure needed to be hidden in the Money Pit.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7