Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go visit Genl. George Washington's Tomb that is about as close as you will ever get to the Ark of the Covenant.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go visit Genl. George Washington's Tomb that is about as close as you will ever get to the Ark of the Covenant.

The Declaration of Independence tells you how to find the Ark of God. The treasury seal on the US One Dollar Bill will also lead you to the Ark of God. The Washington Monument points the way.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
oh dear god, i just caught a bit of a show with marty and georgio the space alien guy looking for giants. they even used the same narrator. made me sick. nothing to see again. what a waste of money again. yuch.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh dear god, i just caught a bit of a show with marty and georgio the space alien guy looking for giants. they even used the same narrator. made me sick. nothing to see again. what a waste of money again. yuch.

(Cue the narrator): Giants? On Oak Island?

I wanted to see that episode but unless it shows up on youtube I am out of luck. It will be there eventually.

Bill

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well at least we seem to be done with Oak Island.

(Multiple commas, eh? I only know one poster who uses rows of commas.)

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Why Does One…Always Jump…To The Wrong Conclusions?

It is my opinion that these Box Drains found at Smiths Cove…Were never intended for…Flooding the Money Pit Shaft…But for… Draining the Money Pit Shaft!

Hidden Wharf 7.png

I believe that the Jesuit’s used their Scientific Designs and helped the Freemasons with their joint building on Oak Island.

These Box Drains were used to drain the Money Pit Shaft, if it was compromised and flooded.

Previous Searchers have tried all sorts of methods to “Close” off these Drains, when they should have been trying to “Open” these Box Drains.

Jesuits have shown previous designs to flood and secure their Treasures within a Shaft, and designs to easily release this flood with the use of another Tunnel.

This easy release is the purpose of theses Oak Island Box Drains.

These Box Drains are lower than the water table as shown in pictures.

Hidden Wharf.png

The Log Structures were used as a Breaker for the releasing water and the Large Stone Boulder was used as a Marker at Low Tide.

Hidden Wharf 6.jpg

The Depositors at low tide would clear out this area, using the deposits to channel the water away from these Box Drains.

The suction would then drain the Shaft, much like Siphoning Gas out of a Vehicle.

Hidden Wharf 10.jpg

Once the water receded below where the Depositors had their Treasure Vault Tunnel, they would be safe to enter.

The Flood Water would continuously loop from Flooding to Draining until they stopped the flow from these Drain Boxes Once More.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my opinion that these Box Drains found at Smiths Cove…Were never intended for…Flooding the Money Pit Shaft…But for… Draining the Money Pit Shaft!....

The suction would then drain the Shaft, much like Siphoning Gas out of a Vehicle....

View attachment 1685499

Once the water receded below where the Depositors had their Treasure Vault Tunnel, they would be safe to enter...
Hmmm interesting theory.. I do see a problems with it.

1. Even though the box drains are below the water line this is only at high tide. At low tide the drains were out of the water.
2. Even assuming your hypothesis is true it would only drop the water level by a few feet at most. Given the Sea level appears to be around 100 foot (at the money pit area) this is nothing like the 150ft (chapels vault level) or the 200+ foot (alleged underground storage area for treasure).
3. For that syphon to work the hole tunnel would need to be kept completely full of water. If an air got in the syphon would not work.
4. No one could of got their mouth around the entrance of the box drains to Suck the air out :laughing7:... ( I ended up with many mouthfuls of petrol in my younger syphoning days...)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... Jesuits have shown previous designs to flood and secure their Treasures within a Shaft,.....

Surely you jest. Can you cite ANY "Jesuit Treasure" found with these "flood shafts and drains" ? You are alluding to "shown previous designs". Hence: Perhaps you have a link to any such treasure, world-wide, that's been found my TH'rs, where this was evident. Eh ?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think they wood sorry for the pun, sink a treasure shaft into flooded ground I believe they were smarter than that.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I do not think they wood sorry for the pun, sink a treasure shaft into flooded ground I believe they were smarter than that.

Ahhh, but No No No : You're not getting the logical order of all this correct. You must START with the assumption (the "premise") that a fabulous treasure exists there. And then make all the insane crazy ingredients and hardships work into the narrative. You are going about it backwards: You are looking at the "most logical" and "most plausible" explanations first. With O.I. : The order gets reversed, and THEN it will make perfect sense. Even if you introduce an elephant into the story, there will be *some* way to make it fit with the story, guaranteed.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

The Depositors seem to have done just that, without hitting water...I guess that makes them...Smarter...than most Posters here!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Surely you jest. Can you cite ANY "Jesuit Treasure" found with these "flood shafts and drains" ? You are alluding to "shown previous designs". Hence: Perhaps you have a link to any such treasure, world-wide, that's been found my TH'rs, where this was evident. Eh ?

Yes, Watch Season 4 of The Jesuit Treasure of Sacambaya!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Depositors...I Think They Thought...We Had A Problem!

Hmmm interesting theory.. I do see a problems with it.

1. Even though the box drains are below the water line this is only at high tide. At low tide the drains were out of the water.
2. Even assuming your hypothesis is true it would only drop the water level by a few feet at most. Given the Sea level appears to be around 100 foot (at the money pit area) this is nothing like the 150ft (chapels vault level) or the 200+ foot (alleged underground storage area for treasure).
3. For that syphon to work the hole tunnel would need to be kept completely full of water. If an air got in the syphon would not work.
4. No one could of got their mouth around the entrance of the box drains to Suck the air out :laughing7:... ( I ended up with many mouthfuls of petrol in my younger syphoning days...)

There have been many variances to the actual height of the Money Pit along with where High Tide actually came up to the shore... 300 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread