Oak Island: Was something even there.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should read the actual reports before you say that and btw Woods Hole did not do the dating. I think the debate is over as several experts have put together a report on the subject.
Cheers, Loki

1. I didn't say Woods Hole did the testing. I stated that the samples were obtained by Woods Hole.
2. Let's see this report that your experts have put together.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1. I didn't say Woods Hole did the testing. I stated that the samples were obtained by Woods Hole.
2. Let's see this report that your experts have put together.

I went through all the trouble to post Caroline Leopold's account of Charing Cross and you ignored it, why should I do it again besides they are not my experts. Its very easy to look up if anybody is interested but you evidently are not.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And your GG grandmother was alive in 1300? Wow, Loki, you are older than I thought. Sadly when you are talking about 13-14th centuries, Norse influence is much more confined. You really should try doing more serious research before you start writing books. Which reminds me, has that book been published yet? I think it is two years since you first told us all you were publishing it.

Like I said Ridicule. You don't want to discuss you only wish to ridicule. There are a few very close Norse/ Templar connections in Scotland I could mention, notwithstanding the fact that some Templars were Norse. Maybe later when you settle down a little. Btw, the book is still not ready to publish.
Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What, a history of the area doesn't tell you anything? I said it was called Charing Cross first and it was. You are welcome to believe what you wish.

I thought I would add this for anybody who may be interested.

Caroline Leopold, "The History of New Ross" 1966 "Extent of New Ross: it embraces the smaller communities of Fortier, leville, Glengarry and Seffernville, in addition to the central Charing Cross, Charing Cross, the central section of New Ross received its name in the early days of the settlement of Sherbrooke. The name is usually shortened to the 'Cross"

Cheers, Loki

I believe that I responded to this, but before you edited with the quote from Leopold. To reiterate the point I made, how does Leopold support this claim? There are no maps, there are no period documents that refer to Charing Cross in this part of NS. What does she offer to justify her statement?

...and it's 'Forties', not 'Fortier'.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what it takes to fund world navigation for a crew in the old world but if it's anything like funding an operation like that today you are talking about a fantastic amount to just reach foreign shores and then change the geography of an island with hand tools.
I feel it's a safe bet they just created this story to confusticate everyone and took the treasure with them so they could fund their activities elsewhere. IMHO.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe that I responded to this, but before you edited with the quote from Leopold. To reiterate the point I made, how does Leopold support this claim? There are no maps, there are no period documents that refer to Charing Cross in this part of NS. What does she offer to justify her statement?

...and it's 'Forties', not 'Fortier'.

I know it is but thats how it was spelled in the book. Caroline does not support her claim, but I would have a hard time doubting her as a lifelong and respected member of the New Ross community.
And there are other items, such as the gun emplacement and the now memorial to the gun emplacement.
Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know what it takes to fund world navigation for a crew in the old world but if it's anything like funding an operation like that today you are talking about a fantastic amount to just reach foreign shores and then change the geography of an island with hand tools.
I feel it's a safe bet they just created this story to confusticate everyone and took the treasure with them so they could fund their activities elsewhere. IMHO.

Your late to this particular discussion, but it does not involve working on the Island.
Cheers, Loki

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
That's a bit rich, Loki. We were discussing Norse Scotland in the 1300, and it was you who brought in your gg granny and her Norse connections. It was you who was doing the ridiculing. Unfortunately your knowledge of Scottish history is like looking through tiny keyholes at specific points. In the 16th century, the Scottish population was divided equally between the Lowlands and the Highlands and Islands. Today, it is about 90-10. Mainly because of the draw of the industrial revolution in the cities and partly because of the Clearances. Caithness and Sutherland were cleared of much of their populations- they were part of the old Norse Scotland. The people moved south or emigrated. So you see, DNA studies of Scotland today won't tell you much of what was Norse Scotland in 1300. It merely tells you your GG granny may have cleared off the Duchess of Sutherland's estates.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a bit rich, Loki. We were discussing Norse Scotland in the 1300, and it was you who brought in your gg granny and her Norse connections. It was you who was doing the ridiculing. Unfortunately your knowledge of Scottish history is like looking through tiny keyholes at specific points. In the 16th century, the Scottish population was divided equally between the Lowlands and the Highlands and Islands. Today, it is about 90-10. Mainly because of the draw of the industrial revolution in the cities and partly because of the Clearances. Caithness and Sutherland were cleared of much of their populations- they were part of the old Norse Scotland. The people moved south or emigrated. So you see, DNA studies of Scotland today won't tell you much of what was Norse Scotland in 1300. It merely tells you your GG granny may have cleared off the Duchess of Sutherland's estates.

Yes, I know but there was a rich Viking history near where my GG Grandmother lived and the Templar house of St. Germains. After the battle of 1263 the Vikings in the area blended in with the local populace with their stories becoming part of the areas history. If I was ridiculing it was because of a long day on the defensive.
Cheers, Loki

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The World May Change…But The Logic of Man Stays the Same!

I feel it's a safe bet they just created this story to confuse everyone and took the treasure with them so they could fund their activities elsewhere. IMHO.

RustyGold...Good insight!

"I feel it's a safe bet they just created this story to confuse everyone and took the treasure with them so they could fund their activities elsewhere."

Go West Young Knights Templar...To Latvia

Aluksne Castle.png

My post:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-18.html
Page# 18
No. 256

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ten ships leave France, never to be seen again....those are the facts (right Loki?)....which even in those times would be quite the feat with all the other trade ships plying the waters...

Occam's Razor say the simplest answer is most likely the right answer...

I think those ten ships are at the bottom of the ocean from a storm...they would be going grouped together, rather like an armada, and all suffered the same fate. Never to be seen again....

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ and if someone thinks 10 tall masted ships could anchor in close proximity to OI for days/weeks/months without being seen, they should give their head a shake.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe they were seen? That's why nothing of value exists there today. Pillaged and razed to loose stones while they were still making secret signs and boobytraps and digging for nine months and figuring where the hell Cygnus was in relation to a boulder.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
^ and if someone thinks 10 tall masted ships could anchor in close proximity to OI for days/weeks/months without being seen, they should give their head a shake.

Like I have said, sometimes there is more disinformation from the detractors.
If you guys wish to belittle you should at least get your numbers straight or if you cannot at least give your head a shake

10 vessels premised traveling from Cyprus to La Rochelle/ Vessels leaving Cyprus is documented, number is premised by amount of cargo hauled

Join with maybe 8 other ships at La Rochelle/ Having vessels based in La Rochelle is documented, number is premised based on wine trade

All 18 leave La Rochelle in early September 1307/ All the vessels in the harbor did leave and they all disappeared

Some go to Portugal/ premised, but it is known Portugal accepted escaped Templars

Some go to Scotland/ premised, but Scotland was also known as a safe refuge

premise three leaving Scotland for North America in spring of 1308

premise three vessels anchor on Oak Island in 1308, and who would be there to see them other than a few curious First Nations

Remember where I used the word "premise", that means I don't claim that particular statement as fact, a point that you usually miss

I don't have the time today to play with you guys as yesterday, so you will have to make up your own bogus facts

Oh, one more thing for Charlie, who can't seem to be able to read, the premise is that the Templars did not dig, make booby traps, or pillage on Oak Island

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
IDK how we can speculate on who did what at OI, without starting at the beginning.You can't jump to the end of the story without making a solid case for the start of it. As for fibers and stone triangles, that is up in the air until we can at least find out if any of the story is true.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Like I have said, sometimes there is more disinformation from the detractors."

Now just how unfair is that Loki when you say these numbers AND locations they went to ALL just come out of YOUR head as a PREMISE?

Most of the time disinformation comes from the one making the claim....as is the case here with NO proof! ALL based on a single fact of some coconut fibre found and dated that you have also said could not last 20 years if wet,, YET, there it was to FIT your claim, talk about disinformation...

Good luck with your book...my wife's a librarian, i'll look for it in the FICTION section

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread