Oak Island: Was something even there.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L"anse aux meadows" Helge had a great advantage, his wife, Anne Stine, was a noted archaeologist.

#1.... This is an interesting site.I knew very little about it but have spent some time already and plan on spending more reading about it.

#2.... This site was confirmed a genuine site roughly the same time Joan Harris was trying to get her site confirmed.Why was Joan Harris's not confirmed?Wasn't Joan claiming basically the same thing that was found in Newfoundland was also in her backyard?Except for the castle of course.

#3..... Didn't an archeologist buy the property from Joan Harris.Didn't he do his own excavations and research?He didn't find anything he felt was important,correct?

#4..... I did not previously know the time line for this L'Anse aux Meadows find but now that I do.It is certainly plausible that this site is where Joan was getting her ideas about what she thought she was finding.

You asked me before if I thought Joan Harris was lying and I didn't answer because I didn't know where she got her ideas from.I can now answer that question.
Joan was following the L'Anse aux Meadows site and mistakenly thought she had something similar in her backyard.So,no I don't think she was lying she was just wrong and refused to believe anything other then what she had already decided was there.

This is the problem when you start investigating something with an answer already in mind.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
#1.... This is an interesting site.I knew very little about it but have spent some time already and plan on spending more reading about it.

#2.... This site was confirmed a genuine site roughly the same time Joan Harris was trying to get her site confirmed.Why was Joan Harris's not confirmed?Wasn't Joan claiming basically the same thing that was found in Newfoundland was also in her backyard?Except for the castle of course.

#3..... Didn't an archeologist buy the property from Joan Harris.Didn't he do his own excavations and research?He didn't find anything he felt was important,correct?

#4..... I did not previously know the time line for this L'Anse aux Meadows find but now that I do.It is certainly plausible that this site is where Joan was getting her ideas about what she thought she was finding.

You asked me before if I thought Joan Harris was lying and I didn't answer because I didn't know where she got her ideas from.I can now answer that question.
Joan was following the L'Anse aux Meadows site and mistakenly thought she had something similar in her backyard.So,no I don't think she was lying she was just wrong and refused to believe anything other then what she had already decided was there.

This is the problem when you start investigating something with an answer already in mind.

Joan had thought she found the ancient legendary "Norumbega", a city that appeared on many maps of the 1500s. The fact is she did find something, those stone foundations didn't make themselves. I know you believe that you need to follow a 2012 code book to create a building but that is not true. I have seen many structures some from a couple centuries ago with less foundation than she showed in her photos. If you look closely you can see that areas on both sides of the stones have been excavated, meaning there was dirt filling the gaps to the top of the stones. Even the queen of the detractors, the budding archaeologist that wrote the scathing article about her claimed that the construction was in all likelyhood a blacksmith shop.
This is the problem when you start investigating something with preconceived notions.
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a second Norse site now confirmed at Point Rosse, Newfoundland. Southern tip closer to the Canadian mainland. This site has an iron furnace. With iron.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were those questions too tough?

Except for a thin attempt at answering why the Joan Harris site was never confirmed you failed to answer any of them.

As for the codes you saying you construct "LARGE" buildings an a 1' footer.Unless you consider a 2 car garage a large building this is simply not true.We have established that and moved on or so I though.But since you have no answers for these simple questions.I am still waiting for a link to those codes.

Joan may have found something but there is nothing dating it to the 14th century.
Over 100 different artifacts were found at L'Anse aux Meadows.Some of which were dated to the 11th century.

Since you don't want to answer the other questions how about this one.

How many artifacts from the Joan Harris site have been dated to the 14th century?

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to see absolutely any real evidence that anything exists or has ever existed in oak island. All of the "water traps" and "caverns" are just natural features found throughout the area.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Were those questions too tough?

Except for a thin attempt at answering why the Joan Harris site was never confirmed you failed to answer any of them.

As for the codes you saying you construct "LARGE" buildings an a 1' footer.Unless you consider a 2 car garage a large building this is simply not true.We have established that and moved on or so I though.But since you have no answers for these simple questions.I am still waiting for a link to those codes.

Joan may have found something but there is nothing dating it to the 14th century.
Over 100 different artifacts were found at L'Anse aux Meadows.Some of which were dated to the 11th century.

How many artifacts from the Joan Harris site have been dated to the 14th century?

I listed the links in the Michigan Code Book that allowed 12" deep footings in my area for unattached structures but evidently you don't know how to read the code book.

At any rate, what difference does it make what the Michigan code says? You do understand that in the 14th century nobody used a Michigan building code.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a second Norse site now confirmed at Point Rosse, Newfoundland. Southern tip closer to the Canadian mainland. This site has an iron furnace. With iron.

Is it for sure confirmed Charlie? I have been following this story since it first aired last year and have not seen where it was confirmed. I'm sure that if it hasn't been that it soon will be and I may have simply missed the announcement.
Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
It's my turn to hi-jack my own thread as it already has been hi-jacked several times. So I think the real Paul McCartney died back in 1966.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just wanted to repeat this. Seems like Loki missed this question.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone else think loki should have this avatar ?

avengers-2-loki.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Which were dismissed by archaeologists as being nothing more than knots.

Yeah, but which archaeologists? No matter though I sorta dismissed them myself many years ago, which is why I never mentioned them.
Of course there never has been a serious dig at the site, lets see what FinderKeeper comes up with.
Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Charles Lindsay and Birgitta Wallace from Parks Canada.

Hilarious! "Serious dig" and "FinderKeeper" mentioned in the same sentence.

Yeah, I couldn't remember I thought it was the other one. Its interesting though that there is no local memory of the foundation stones.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I couldn't remember I thought it was the other one. Its interesting though that there is no local memory of the foundation stones.
Cheers, Loki

No mention of them in any of the surveys of the area prior to settlement, either.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya know something, I don't think any of you guys have noted that Joan Hope never mentioned a Knight Templar, and how many have read her other book?
"The Secret City" isbn 978-0-9808850-0-4 the book is on-line and I think may give most a different perspective on her.
Cheers, Loki

The stones were buried Raparee!

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know something, I don't think any of you guys have noted that Joan Hope never mentioned a Knight Templar, ...

You're right. I don't think she does. She does, however, mention Celts, Phoenicians, Norse, Scots, Charles I's men, and Cromwell's men being there (not to mention leprechauns and ghosts), and that the site was an important location for over 3500 years ... with not a single scrap of evidence that any of the above were there. Wacky enough without Templars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread