Obama Declares H1N1 Emergency

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
GoodyGuy said:
What the misinformed call being paranoid, the intelligent call being astute.

I have seen no evidence of anyone posting their concerns about the dangers of serum injections or mistrust of the government as being symptoms of paranoia.

Quite the contrary, their posts are based upon their interpretation of medical evidence, and historic facts, therefore not due to any imagined or delusional thoughts of persecution.

Those who cannot seem to fathom that concept however, do exhibit symptoms of a social disorder, in my humble opinion.

GG~
So anyone who's not paranoid is un-intelligent and posesses a social disorder, in your opinion? Nice....

The intrepretation of medical evidence by a non-member of the medical community can be seriously flawed, I don't think anyone should disagree with that. It's important to rely on the information given to us from doctors and others associated with the medical field. These folks are trained to see what is actually there, what is actually happening, without getting caught up in the fervor surrounding something like this. Of course, there will always be a small minority that disagrees with the remainder. An informal survey recently showed that 91% of doctors are recommending the H1N1 vaccine to their patients. So this means that 9% are recommending not to get the shot.

According to GG, only 9% of doctors are intelligent...... ::)

As far as historical facts go, those are hardly a benchmark for determining what may or may not happen with this particular influenza. Medical technology, understanding of health-care by the general public, research tools, vaccine manufacturing methods; all of these have advanced since 1976. To say that the exact same thing that happened 30 years ago will happen now displays a rather antiquated view of society, in my opinion......

Just Wondering if anyone other than af1733 had trouble understanding my post?

GG~

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I had trouble understanding how you thought you made your point,
You said "Quite the contrary, their posts are based upon their interpretation of medical evidence, and historic facts, therefore not due to any imagined or delusional thoughts of persecution."

"Therefore" does not automatically follow "interpretation".
In my mind it's contradictory and delusional about ones self importance.(no offence).

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, I don't think the government created the flu, af1733, they ain't smart enough. It been with us in one form or another for a long time. It's my understanding the President declared an emergency in order to cut through some red tape for doctors and hospitals. But I have to think that it's kinda like at work when I don't want the boss to notice somethin I did, I might make a big deal out of somethin someone else did until I can fix my problem. No big secret plot or government conspiracy. Do you ever wonder what's in those contrails left by jets that just linger forever in the sky? Would that be a viable method of delivery? (just jokin, but I bet somebody's got a theory)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pigiron said:
I had trouble understanding how you thought you made your point,
You said "Quite the contrary, their posts are based upon their interpretation of medical evidence, and historic facts, therefore not due to any imagined or delusional thoughts of persecution."

"Therefore" does not automatically follow "interpretation".
In my mind it's contradictory and delusional about ones self importance.(no offence).

Yes I see your point, that's why I asked.

For the literally challenged, perhaps it should have read: "Quite the contrary, their posts were based upon their knowledge of medical evidence, and historic facts, and not based upon imagined or delusional thoughts of persecution such as is associated with clinical paranoia."

Did that help?

I see where it may have been contradictory, but fail to see the connection to delusional feelings of self importance.....sorry if it came off sounding that way, no offence taken.

GG~

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree - while someone might get that idea from watching "Outbreak" or "Virus", we can only combine things that are already present to make a new variety of a virus. (though it is possible that our exposure to certain unknown virus' has increased because of the spread of mankind into areas never before occupied), so, I don't think flu is a government plot. Besides, if they wanted to do some type of epidemic (I remember when they thought AIDS was a government-sponsored virus), they would opt for something that they could control - wouldn't want their families and friends to die, you know.

The 2 biggest problems with viruses is that they have a unique ability to morph into something else all by themselves, like what happened with the avian variety, the second being that they can "learn". While bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics, viruses aren't bothered by them at all, and they can learn to wait, or use another way to get ingested and grow.

We've been through flu epidemics year in and year out - some get crazy, some just do their thing and go away. It is hardly ever the same virus each year. It's a lot of the side effects that help kill people, because the body becomes worn out and tired from fighting the infection.

B

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
RGINN said:
Nah, I don't think the government created the flu, af1733, they ain't smart enough. It been with us in one form or another for a long time. It's my understanding the President declared an emergency in order to cut through some red tape for doctors and hospitals. But I have to think that it's kinda like at work when I don't want the boss to notice somethin I did, I might make a big deal out of somethin someone else did until I can fix my problem. No big secret plot or government conspiracy. Do you ever wonder what's in those contrails left by jets that just linger forever in the sky? Would that be a viable method of delivery? (just jokin, but I bet somebody's got a theory)
An excellent point. Perhaps this is being blown out of proportion to the advantage of the other problems facing the nation. I'm not certain that it's being done intentionally, though, and I'm quite certain those most directly affected by the previous problems haven't forgotten about them, regardless of how many H1N1 stories they're exposed to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread