Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

Jim Hoft
thegatewaypundit.com
March 4, 2013

This is getting a little creepy.

According to one estimate, since last year the Department of Homeland Security has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm.

DHS also purchased 2,700 Mine Resistant Armor Protected Vehicles (MRAP).

Modern Survival Blog reported:

The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.

The new DHS sanctioned ‘Street Sweeper’ (my own slang due to the gun ports) is built by Navistar Defense (NavistarDefense.com), a division within the Navistar organization. Under the Navistar umbrella are several other companies including International Trucks, IC Bus (they make school buses), Monaco RV (recreational vehicles), WorkHorse (they make chassis), MaxxForce (diesel engines), and Navistar Financial (the money arm of the company).

DHS even released a video on their newly purchased MRAPs.

Via Pat Dollard:

The MRAP featured in this video is was in Albuquerque, New Mexico for Law Enforcement Day which was held at a local area Target Store. This MRAP is stationed in El Paso, Texas at The Homeland Security Investigations Office. MRAP is a Mine Resistant Armor Protected Vehicle.

This article was posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 at 11:26 am

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think they are thinking the Canadians are invading?

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pathetic, the government is arming against it's own citizens; it is pretty obvious.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It was 1.8billion last time. 0.02 billion bullets are missing...spooky!!

You know how you're all stockpiling bullets for this coming new civil war you're all always threatening?....Now you're finding out what the other side are stockpiling!

Nice knowing you. Give my love to the bears and mountain lions. :hello:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 1.8billion last time. 0.02 billion bullets are missing...spooky!!

You know how you're all stockpiling bullets for this coming new civil war you're all always threatening?....Now you're finding out what the other side are stockpiling!

Nice knowing you. Give my love to the bears and mountain lions. :hello:
I for one am glad this info can be found by filing an FOIR, imagine what they would hide if we didn't have access to the records??:dontknow: Wow, 2700 mraps, that company will be busy, does anyone know if they are on the exchange or not?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've been invaded from the other side. Shotguns and doors only allowed in Canada?

LMAO To be fair, I think it should be stated that Canada also has rifles, sling shots, Bill from Lachine and "unlocked" doors EH?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one am glad this info can be found by filing an FOIR, imagine what they would hide if we didn't have access to the records??:dontknow: Wow, 2700 mraps, that company will be busy, does anyone know if they are on the exchange or not?

Navistar - ticker NAV

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These agencies along with many urban police forces, FBI etc etc have always used these types of vehicles all the way back to the m113 APC right? So why is this unusual?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And guess what as Iraq and Afghanistan continue to wind down you will see a lot more ex military equipment in the hands of domestic agencies. This is how things work people. How do you think all those police forces got 113s - all surplus nam stuff. I for one am glad they will be getting more use out of my tax dollars as opposed to letting them rot at some army base.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think on December 7, 1941 you would have stood on the USS Arizona with bombs falling and bullets flying and people dying and told everyone "why is this unusal, they are not attacking, it is just normal maneuvers"...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think on December 7, 1941 you would have stood on the USS Arizona with bombs falling and bullets flying and people dying and told everyone "why is this unusal, they are not attacking, it is just normal maneuvers"...

So I guess you don't want to join our "I don't think the gov is coming to get all of us" club?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess you don't want to join our "I don't think the gov is coming to get all of us" club?

While I like Crispin a lot, having met him in person and having hunted together, I have a lot of respect for him, but I really, really have no desire to join your little club.... Having worked for Intelligence in the Airforce, I know first hand how the government misleads and out and out lies to the people.............

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I like Crispin a lot, having met him in person and having hunted together, I have a lot of respect for him, but I really, really have no desire to join your little club.... Having worked for Intelligence in the Airforce, I know first hand how the government misleads and out and out lies to the people.............

And you think that gov is going to be sticking all in FEMA camps or is that type of thinking a little to extreme for you?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some I would like to see there..................:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Viet Nam...?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't look good, don't know what to do about it though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions