Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Student suspended for shaping Pop-Tart into gun - www.ktnv.com

This insanity has got to stop. The boy said the pop tart he was eating was supposed to be a mountain but the teacher insists she saw a gun shape and heard the boy say " bang,bang." Couldn't the boy have been imagining chiseling away at the Pop Tart to make it mountain shaped? This political correctness over gun control and perceived threatening actions by a kid's imagination has gone way overboard. My now grown sons would have been thrown in juvie long ago for their stick guns. Any thoughts here?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Think Red james already has a thread up about this Coily.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Political correctness doesn't even begin to describe the stupidity of that teacher.

Thanks for the info Dano, so please give me a link because I think I missed it.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Gun related, so should be in this forum really, but i think this is ONE subject (ironic) we CAN agree on. Ridiculous stuff going down over there in schools! (teaching wise)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yup Dano, I have to agree with you on this one! :icon_thumright:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Thank you sir.

Gun related, so should be in this forum really, but i think this is ONE subject (ironic) we CAN agree on. Ridiculous stuff going down over there in schools! (teaching wise)

Finally, a common ground.

It's that kind of silliness that led us to home school our daughter. The school she was supposed to attend did nothing resembling school work in the two days I visited. No reading (yes, we were expected to read before entering the second grade), no math (yes, we were expected to be able to add and subtract before entering the second grade). Many children become problems when school doesn't challenge them. My daughter was reading to me by the time she was four. School would have stopped her desire to learn.

Reading comprehension for her was College level before she reached the sixth grade. Tested in the top 1% nationally, top 10% in math and science. Not bad for the kid of a couple of backwoods folk from Louisiana living in Arkansas.

Are the same silly things happening in Sweden?

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you sir.

Finally, a common ground.

It's that kind of silliness that led us to home school our daughter. The school she was supposed to attend did nothing resembling school work in the two days I visited. No reading (yes, we were expected to read before entering the second grade), no math (yes, we were expected to be able to add and subtract before entering the second grade). Many children become problems when school doesn't challenge them. My daughter was reading to me by the time she was four. School would have stopped her desire to learn.

Reading comprehension for her was College level before she reached the sixth grade. Tested in the top 1% nationally, top 10% in math and science. Not bad for the kid of a couple of backwoods folk from Louisiana living in Arkansas.

Are the same silly things happening in Sweden?

I missed Red James' thread as well but glad you too are on board Dano with the ludicrousness of our teaching system,not one size shoe fits all and the education system seems to have lost all common sense in dealing with what they deem " behavior problems" with just normal seven year old boys being seven year old boys. Chadeaux, I think a lot of people are homeschooling now because teachers today are more focused on so called social problems that have been in the news so often that they forget about actual education and learning.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wait till a kid writes a book report on The day of the gun. Or the history of guns. ooops do they teach creative writing in school anymore? Whats going to happen when a girl says nice guns on that boy (Biceps)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And you really want to give teachers guns? I would come out of retirement for a S&W 500 Magnum(short barrel), but no way in hell I would want to work next to some of these idiot young overzealous educators today. I worked with too many who were crazier than ME! Glad you posted this again CoilyGirl.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've mentioned this before but it's pertenent (sp?) to this post as well. My granddaughter got a Remmington 12 gauge for her 16th birthday. She also got a Remmington cap and t-shirt. She was told she can't wear any of the clothing to the school because it promotes violence. Both articles of clothing just said "Remmington", didn't even have a pic of a gun on them. Funny thing is, the school mascot is a sword-carrying Spartan. What the....?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've mentioned this before but it's pertenent (sp?) to this post as well. My granddaughter got a Remmington 12 gauge for her 16th birthday. She also got a Remmington cap and t-shirt. She was told she can't wear any of the clothing to the school because it promotes violence. Both articles of clothing just said "Remmington", didn't even have a pic of a gun on them. Funny thing is, the school mascot is a sword-carrying Spartan. What the....?

Only in a liberals view does this scenario make sense....

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Exactfrigginlutely!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever should all of the girls named Lucy, Lisa and Linda do with their necklaces??

Attachments

• necklace.jpg
    necklace.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 72

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
LOL! however I could see some liberal educator claiming this!

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha packer backer !

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What about a Remington bronze? Or a t shirt with Shakespeare name on it and his quote "Kill all the lawyers" ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread