Observing

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
twistidd said:
This thread has taken a turn for the worse...

I hope that you got that good F.... legally. Some of those patches were defective and administered too much f... and some people died. I believe it was lots made from 2005-2007. My wife's 95 year old grandfather, who was dying from cancer, probably actually died due to one of those patches, but it was definitely his time patch or no patch.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Darn!!!! Look at all those twenties !!!! Are we sure that the package isn't empty??? LOL, J/K. Careful, that's some powerful stuff there. And I'm NOT kidding about that.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
If it makes money grow under your face, I'm in!

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
p2c said:
twistidd said:
This thread has taken a turn for the worse...

I hope that you got that good F.... legally. Some of those patches were defective and administered too much f... and some people died. I believe it was lots made from 2005-2007. My wife's 95 year old grandfather, who was dying from cancer, probably actually died due to one of those patches, but it was definitely his time patch or no patch.

The patches belong to my fiance's grandmother. As dangerous as they can be, she has been using them for years and years and is 90 years old and likely the sharpest 90-year-old I've ever met. I mean, the woman sings, "I'm cool like dat, I'm black like dat!" with me on a daily basis.

I'm sorry for your loss, Jon. If this photo offended anyone, let me know and I'll take it down.

Dave, the twenties also belonged to her (you think I actually make that kind of money? lol) I asked her if i could use them for a photo shoot and she tells me, "Sure, and if a few of those accidentally fall into your pocket, that's OK too!" What an awesome grandma! And no, I did not take any of the money. Nor did I notice any telltale signs of their being used for drugs. But then...

Joe

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
No offense taken,
Just be careful with that stuff. If there is powder or residue and you inhale it, you are dead unless someone breathes for you. Also, the one 20 with the glasses, that must be yours...

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Longer days, stronger sunlight up against snow-pack and temp-restraining blocking pattern
By wgnweatheron February 16, 2010 11:22 PM | Permalink

With each passing day, the momentum for seasonal warming increases. Days have grown longer by 94 minutes since Dec. 21 and are to lengthen another 79 minutes in the coming month. All the while, the sun's rays arrive with greater energy as it follows a trek across the sky each day higher and higher above the horizon. This shift in the sun's daily trajectory overhead has allowed sunlight intensity in Chicago to more than double since December. But these aren't the only factors pushing toward warming. The sun has risen in the past month across arctic regions of North America after a 2 month absence. This will eventually decrease the supply of available cold air by contributing to warming over the northernmost reaches of the continent.

But even with all these factors at play, formidable obstacles to warming must be overcome---something that's obvious in the fact Wednesday is to mark the 12th consecutive day with high temperatures which fall short of typical mid February levels. The widespread snow pack in place across the 56.3 percent of the country is among them. It reflects incoming sunlight, which might otherwise warm the air, back to space. Clouds also interfere with warming by blocking sunlight. Perhaps most significantly, the intransigent atmospheric blocking pattern at arctic latitudes from Greenland to Alaska, which has forced the reservoir of cold air normally situated from the North Pole into Canada, south into the U.S.---particularly areas east of the Rockies. This blocking shows little sign of relaxing in the coming two weeks. During that period, there may be a few comparatively brief up-ticks in temperature thanks to the growing strength of sunlight---but there's little evidence the overall pattern is likely to undergo a massive change any time soon. This appears to limit prospects for strong warming through the remainder of February and into early March. In fact, colder air may replace the moderately intense chill currently covering Canada in the next week allowing it to extend icy late-season tentacles into the northern tier of states next week, threatening a reinvigorated storm track along its southern periphery.

Chicago in the midst of its snowiest February in 29 years

Flurries are to flutter earthward here in spells Wednesday--- particularly in the Indiana/Michigan snow belt. This takes place in a February which is already the snowiest since 1981---29 years! An official 15.5-inches is on the books at O'Hare--- three times the long term average of 5.2 inches and nearly 78 times the 0.2 which February had to its credit the same time a year ago. A review of seven previous seasons in which February was incredibly snowy reveals five---71 per cent of them---continued on a snowier than normal path. Weather history here reveals a quarter (27 percent) of Chicago's biggest late season snows (6" or more) have occurred beyond Feb. 17.

Beyond Wednesday's Indiana lake snow showers, this weekend is being monitored for a possible snow system

Many questions remain---but there continue to be hints a snow system could sweep northeastward into the Midwest from the Plains this weekend. Much will depend on the track the system ultimately follows and on its strength. Stay tuned.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Longer days, stronger sunlight up against snow-pack and temp-restraining blocking pattern
By wgnweatheron February 16, 2010 11:22 PM | Permalink

With each passing day, the momentum for seasonal warming increases. Days have grown longer by 94 minutes since Dec. 21 and are to lengthen another 79 minutes in the coming month. All the while, the sun's rays arrive with greater energy as it follows a trek across the sky each day higher and higher above the horizon. This shift in the sun's daily trajectory overhead has allowed sunlight intensity in Chicago to more than double since December. But these aren't the only factors pushing toward warming. The sun has risen in the past month across arctic regions of North America after a 2 month absence. This will eventually decrease the supply of available cold air by contributing to warming over the northernmost reaches of the continent.

But even with all these factors at play, formidable obstacles to warming must be overcome---something that's obvious in the fact Wednesday is to mark the 12th consecutive day with high temperatures which fall short of typical mid February levels. The widespread snow pack in place across the 56.3 percent of the country is among them. It reflects incoming sunlight, which might otherwise warm the air, back to space. Clouds also interfere with warming by blocking sunlight. Perhaps most significantly, the intransigent atmospheric blocking pattern at arctic latitudes from Greenland to Alaska, which has forced the reservoir of cold air normally situated from the North Pole into Canada, south into the U.S.---particularly areas east of the Rockies. This blocking shows little sign of relaxing in the coming two weeks. During that period, there may be a few comparatively brief up-ticks in temperature thanks to the growing strength of sunlight---but there's little evidence the overall pattern is likely to undergo a massive change any time soon. This appears to limit prospects for strong warming through the remainder of February and into early March. In fact, colder air may replace the moderately intense chill currently covering Canada in the next week allowing it to extend icy late-season tentacles into the northern tier of states next week, threatening a reinvigorated storm track along its southern periphery.

Chicago in the midst of its snowiest February in 29 years

Flurries are to flutter earthward here in spells Wednesday--- particularly in the Indiana/Michigan snow belt. This takes place in a February which is already the snowiest since 1981---29 years! An official 15.5-inches is on the books at O'Hare--- three times the long term average of 5.2 inches and nearly 78 times the 0.2 which February had to its credit the same time a year ago. A review of seven previous seasons in which February was incredibly snowy reveals five---71 per cent of them---continued on a snowier than normal path. Weather history here reveals a quarter (27 percent) of Chicago's biggest late season snows (6" or more) have occurred beyond Feb. 17.

Beyond Wednesday's Indiana lake snow showers, this weekend is being monitored for a possible snow system

Many questions remain---but there continue to be hints a snow system could sweep northeastward into the Midwest from the Plains this weekend. Much will depend on the track the system ultimately follows and on its strength. Stay tuned.

Yeah. . . but it's supposed to get up to 35 tomorrow and Friday. . . are you ready to hunt Saturday?/

Oh hell. . . it's that half-full glass again!. . . (I guess I need something to look forward to :P)

But wait!!! Buffalo Wings on Sunday :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Mark,

Where I'm located, the snow drifts are still very high and the ground is probably very hard. I don't see any digging in my future until March.

Unless..........

Joe

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
davebien said:
Darn!!!! Look at all those twenties !!!! Are we sure that the package isn't empty??? LOL, J/K. Careful, that's some powerful stuff there. And I'm NOT kidding about that.

Someone should nominate that for the banner... :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
p2c said:
davebien said:

lol, yeah.

Hey Jon, remind me on Sunday when I see you, I've got a few questions to ask you. K?

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
twistidd said:
p2c said:
davebien said:

lol, yeah.

Hey Jon, remind me on Sunday when I see you, I've got a few questions to ask you. K?

Joe

Later that week, Sunday to be exact, while eating wings and being nominated for Mr. Hot and Spicy 2010 Jon leans over to Joe and...

(Jon) "You vanted I should remind you to ask question, Joe. Yes?"

(Joe) "Vell yes of course. Sooo how do we eliminate all MD'ing competition in Chicagoland und make sure vee have all sites to ourselfs?"

(Jon) "Hmmm, this is interesting, very interesting idea. Maybe we could save all patches for own hunting, yah?"

Lowbatts overhears that last remark and in typically misdirected fashion interjects:
"Batch-ez? We doh need no stinkin' batch-ez."

Ah the future of md'ing in Chicagoland is secure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread