Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to O.C. MD on Saturday. Got there a little to early, it was still to dark at 5:45 AM. Started at about 6:15. Watched a beautiful sunrise, then got down to business for about 3 hours. Not a lot found. A nice barrett, bottle opener, and some clad. Did find my first Buffalo nickle! Ha!Ha! I was on 85th street. The sweepers came through about 7:30. Checked a volley ball court, got nothing. Someone (THer) must go there a lot. Had fun. By the way the Buffalo is a new 2005.

Ed Donovan

Attachments

• lot 1.jpg
    lot 1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 409
  • Baret2small.jpg
    Baret2small.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 2005Buffalo.jpg
    2005Buffalo.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 2005 Buff head.jpg
    2005 Buff head.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Born2Dtect

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess your new toy is to get into those hard to get to areas to metal detect. Looks like it would be too much fun.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
Born2Dtect

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be going to the beach (Assateague , Ocean City MD) on Saturday with my club. Hope Ophielia stays close and moves some sand for us. Will post if I find anything good.

Ed Donovan

TOWcritter

It's a friend I made on Saturday. I have been a hang glider pilot in a previous life and always hated carrying my kite up that hill. I saw one of these PPG's (Powered Para Glider) and fell in love at first site. So, I have back surgery. Damn. 18 months of waiting. This weekend I went out to Libertytown (has a nice ring to it, doesn't it!) to a small strip called Harrisons Flying H Ranch, and met up with the "Dukes of WindSoar". Great bunch of guys. 3 out of the 6 of us there were former Marines so we got along great. Anyway, I basically wanted to test out my back to see if I could handle the weight of one. I Can! Yeah!! So I will start training as soon as I get a chance to set it up. If you guys are interested, there is a "Fly-in" this weekend at Ridgley Airpark on the eastern shore, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 16,17 and 18th.. There are going to be all sorts of PPG's and Ultralights. Damn good time to had and a great group of people. Maybe even a bit friendlier than TH'ers. Maybe. Just google it and you 'll get the directions. Big Toys for Big Boys! Maybe I'll see you down there.

PS........Bring your detectors there's going to be quite a crowd...Hint....hint

Attachments

• Harness 2 (Small).JPG
    Harness 2 (Small).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 183

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Nice finds. Personally, I didn't know a new version of the buffalo nickel was out. I do know about the Lewis and Clark one though.

GL & HH,

Dugholes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread