Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had the weirdest hunt ever tonite, hunted an old house and got a token and a wheat in the front, not much else and wandered around back to check around the clothes line. First signal was kinda bouncing around but dug it and it was 3-4 coins fused together, and one hole after another I continued to find coins that were either fused together or melted. Obviously there was some sort of fire, I will prob put them all in a tumbler because a lot of them I can’t tell what they are. Got several wheats that are recognizable, several buffalo nickels, barber dimes,Washington quarter, half of a barber quarter lol, several melted silver dimes.....over 40 coins and all are old lol. Looks like 10 silvers total. My buddy came back there and dug another dozen or so after I was already back there an hour. Everything was all within a 8x8 foot area....strange!!!! Gonna throw them in tumbler tomorrow to see what all the coppers and nickels are.

dirty 10-8.jpg10-8 burn silver.jpg

Upvote 13
Wow, that's definitely odd!, but super cool, I'd bet a house fire happened

Very weird. Never seen that before. But silver is silver. Congrats.

dang, awesome silver score. too bad they're all toasty

Trash burn pit, that somebody absentmindedly tossed the wrong box on.

Wow!! Great Finds....The curled up 1916 Merc would get me going...Not even gonna ask if you looked for a mint mark..I would be scared too..lol

Oh my golly a '16. Saw the the thread before... I'm gonna ask! Can you see a melted blob of a mint mark? I feel like so sad for those beauties, but stoked for you! Great recoveries!!

Yep, someone was burning garbage and mistakenly tossed an old change purse in it.

Imagine finding the "d" and then seeing the coin is just a blob. Wonder if someone would still want to buy it.

Show the token! Show the token!
And keep digging, Hell, I'd start sifting!
Carl

That had to be exciting, even if they are melted, I bet if you zap them, they would come apart. One minute at a time, bet the first minute will free them.
Great finds!

Awesome saves for sure! Hey, 10 silver is 10 silver! Congrats! Very nice score!

WOW, that is definitely weird. Must have been a house fire. Congrats!!

Great finds, but probably house fired like mentioned before!

Cheers!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back