Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of his post were getting a little too attacking going by Tnet rules (just opinion, and I'm not much of a "rules guy":laughing7:). I was wondering when it was going to happen( or thought it would). I really like the guy too! But I can see why they banned him, or gave a time out. Not defending anyone or taking any sides. Just saying what I thought when I read some of them. Some of us have some strong views on certain things and it gets us into trouble!:laughing7: Or maybe something else went on. who knows......I saw a half way solicit of a "how to" and wonder if that was just a little much(I think it was meant as a joke), and could have been viewed, or interpreted in a few different ways.

I don't know the exact reason, just speaking on a few that I saw a week ago. :dontknow: I also had other questions but that's really none of my business.....Just curiosity.

Anyhow, I like the guy, just talking about the topic of the thread. :laughing7:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I can sure understand getting frustrated with some of the folks here or topics sometimes, but fortunately I haven't crossed the line....yet! But Murphy's Law will probably prevail eventually.

Yes, OJ seemed to be ok. If his job is true, then there is a lot of stress there - much more than I could ever hold inside!! But I would expect that retired military now working with Interpol would be able to leave the stress at work pretty well.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
having been banned a couple times ( maybe I'm overdue?)
I will say no one gets banned without warnings, the Mods were patient with me till I pushed it too far

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like his stories whether, real or made up.:notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob is on timeout for violating rules after warning, it is not a total ban..

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Nice to hear that there is a system in place. I have probably been close to a warning a time or two, what is funny to me may not be funny to anyone else.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, they banned me just before my heart attack, and that probably gave me about a year to recover without the stress of some folks who had drawn a bead on me.

Sometimes I let other folks get under my skin, and whether they are right or wrong, ( or should they even break their own rules ) I need to obey the rules if I want to stay here ... and I am trying to learn to measure my statements a little better.

Hope I've been doing better. Some good folks here ... just have to ignore the antisocial ones.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks... if Oddjob is in the position he says he's in... he's still reading everything.

I know I've pushed it and admit it.... but if I ever get a ban I'll cash this site in in a heartbeat. I'm happy TH got me on the political thread (thanks). That open's up the parameters some but I TRULY WISH MORE LEFTIST WOULD POST THERE. A couple of mod's on this site have cut down my interest a lot lately.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks... if Oddjob is in the position he says he's in... he's still reading everything.

I know I've pushed it and admit it.... but if I ever get a ban I'll cash this site in in a heartbeat. I'm happy TH got me on the political thread (thanks). That open's up the parameters some but I TRULY WISH MORE LEFTIST WOULD POST THERE. A couple of mod's on this site have cut down my interest a lot lately.

:laughing7: How to word this..............Hmmm.......I've got nothing!.......... And I can't explain in open forum why they don't post in the political forum!:icon_scratch: It would possibly break rules in open forum that it wouldn't in political. And that is why? Under the cover of rules? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread