Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Been thinking about this for a while :P how about a Treasure net Jail, this is for unruly people, and yes that includes me sometimes :-\

But it might be a idea to send someone to Jail who has been a bit naughty :laughing9: rather than ban some body, this would allow a cooling of period for folks to reflect, I know I for one have regretted some of the things I have said on here, it would be quite easy sometimes to go to far, so a Jail sentence might stop that.
The Mods could in force the sentence, perhaps a couple of hours, to 24, or even more depending on the crime :dontknow: what do you think :P perhaps we could have a simble, if somebody was in Jail, in place of there avarter :dontknow:

SS

Attachments

• Cartoon_Man_In_Jail_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090731-213702-372048.jpg
    Cartoon_Man_In_Jail_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090731-213702-372048.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,377

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D

we can do Partial Bans

The 'cannot post' restriction turns the forum into read-only mode for the banned user. The user cannot create new topics, or reply to existing ones, send personal messages or vote in polls. The banned user can however still read personal messages and topics.

A warning message is shown to the users that are banned this way.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And we can do a ban down to as little as 1 day.

For me, someone has to be causing some real problems (by Terms and/or my opinion) in order to get a ban so I don't usually consider anything less than a week or two. Usually a Mod comment on a thread or a PM makes the point.

I do like the jail thingy though, not sure how practical of an idea it is but I like it. ;D

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Judging by SS's comment about me in the "London Riots" thread, I would assume this "brainchild" is specifically aimed at yours truly.

It's OK though, because I would be running the T-Net cell block.

Protection rackets, cigarettes, tattoos, contracts, contraband, ect. The potential for black market profit in T-Net prison is unlimited.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my own opinion, I think the mods already do a good job and have a "jail"in the ways they can issue punishment, no need to publicly embarress someone in front of all....

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the Idea!!! I would Be in there Once In awhile!!!! Not!!!! after seeing some of the Posts Here!!! OK I have been Bad a Few times !!! It Would Be worth It!!!! I can think of Several ones Who would Be In there Most of the Time!!! TO the moderators It Would Be a Blast!!! Just be Kind to (No names ) They make Me Laugh!!! 1 or 2 days is OK Also allow me to Place Red or Myself In there from Time to Time LMAO!!!!! Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just thinking If this Happens I will Have to Look at Live , Today's finds , Beach and Shallow Water and Jail Every day to Keep up!!! ROTFLMAO!!! Chug notice Live is First!!!! I love It!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug and Red said:
I was just thinking If this Happens I will Have to Look at Live , Today's finds , Beach and Shallow Water and Jail Every day to Keep up!!! ROTFLMAO!!! Chug notice Live is First!!!! I love It!!!

If Chug is in TN jail, then does he get conjugal visits? Otherwise I will have to get in trouble myself!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :tongue3: :-[ Red

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've use Martha a few times, but the frying pan more often and quite a few times using this

[mod]Calm it down folks!![/mod]

Martha.jpg

animfrypan4wx.gif

fryingpansmiley.gif

Attachments

• Martha.jpg
    Martha.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,247
  • animfrypan4wx.gif
    animfrypan4wx.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,264
  • fryingpansmiley.gif
    fryingpansmiley.gif
    18 KB · Views: 1,258

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I think this is a great idea; but would suggest that the "Jail" be a sub forum, where the prisoners could post, and others could 'visit' with them there; you could even set it with a 'poll' option for votes to let the jail prisoners back out on 'parole'. The Jail forum would be the only forum that prisoners could post in, until 'free' again. Inmates IDs could be listed as individual threads, for 'visits' by other members.

I hope you will follow up on this, if it can be done I think it will be fun and a great way to cool some heels when tempers flare.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Hmm.......

:laughing7: :laughing7:
:laughing9: :icon_thumleft: can I appeal :laughing7:

SS
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Judging by SS's comment about me in the "London Riots" thread, I would assume this "brainchild" is specifically aimed at yours truly.

It's OK though, because I would be running the T-Net cell block.

Protection rackets, cigarettes, tattoos, contracts, contraband, ect. The potential for black market profit in T-Net prison is unlimited.
No Hombre it wasn't, this had crossed my mind a while back, but I want the top bunk :wink:

SS
jeff of pa said:
:D

we can do Partial Bans

The 'cannot post' restriction turns the forum into read-only mode for the banned user. The user cannot create new topics, or reply to existing ones, send personal messages or vote in polls. The banned user can however still read personal messages and topics.

A warning message is shown to the users that are banned this way.
That was a thought Jeff, being allowed to view votes while in Jail, but not been able to post in them :icon_thumleft:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Just my own opinion, I think the mods already do a good job and have a "jail" in the ways they can issue punishment, no need to publicly embarress someone in front of all....
It's all only in fun, nothing to serious, unless the offence is serious then action can be taken by the Mods.

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Chug and Red said:

If Chug is in TN jail, then does he get conjugal visits? Otherwise I will have to get in trouble myself!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :tongue3: :-[ Red
:laughing9:

No bribing the Jailers either :laughing9:

SS

SarahKreuz78

Aug 16, 2011
I prefer to see HIM in your "Jail" :thumbsup:

[mod]Link to deranged being removed.[/mod]

He`s harassing me and my friends on YouTube.

SarahKreuz78

Aug 16, 2011
Oroblanco said:
WELCOME TO TREASURENET Sarah! :hello2: :hello: :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

:coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

lol
well,thank you,kind sir. :D I`ve nothing to do with Treasure hunting. Just came along to talk to the Admin since a member of this Forum send me a pm on YouTube that this -Troll over there isn`t the real Marc of this Site. So I just want to make things clear. Kinda confusing...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Just my own opinion, I think the mods already do a good job and have a "jail"in the ways they can issue punishment, no need to publicly embarress someone in front of all....

I Have to agree with this.

I Absolutely hate when I Have to
deal with someone in public posts.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

I Have to agree with this.

I Absolutely hate when I Have to
deal with someone in public posts.

I think a little public humiliation could go a long way...

Attachments

• pillory.jpg
    pillory.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 878

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting