Odds and ends !

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
What in the world is this metal BEACH sign doing here in the middle of the state with no beaches around ?? I found the horseshoe right on top of it ??? .Theres few other items too : A metal button,a old jewelry box lock ,a old key with no head and misc. other items.

BEACH.jpg

There we go ! Right side up ! ;D

Attachments

• OTHER STUFF.JPG
    OTHER STUFF.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0
"Life is a Beach" don't you know Reddie. ;)

Interesting finds today.
I hope you felt better too today.
Best of luck to you, thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

Boobydoo said:
"Life is a Beach" don't you know Reddie. ;)

Interesting finds today.
I hope you felt better too today.
Best of luck to you, thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo
Thanks Boo , its a real oldie as it was around 7 inches under the ground.I am thinking the beach sign and the horseshoe are related some how. A stable ? A Blacksmith named Beach ??? souvenir from Horseshoe Beach, Florida ?? who knows ! It does have two bolts in which to connected it to wood or a wall.

Do some research, some small lake in the nearby area may have once had a beach complete with concessions, pic-nic tables and fire pits. One such beach existed in the hiils where my mom's from in the 50's. No longer any sign of the beach, but did find the stone grilles. Good detecting potentail. Keep on digging! ;)

Awesome find, Reddie :o Makes you wonder...how in world? what was that used for?

;) RR

River Rat said:
Awesome find, Reddie :o Makes you wonder...how in world? what was that used for?

;) RR

Thats been my thought ever since i dug it up ! ;D

:o Turn that horseshoe up Red! Don't want your good luck to spill out! :o

Congrats on your finds!

:)

Nana40 said:
:o Turn that horseshoe up Red! Don't want your good luck to spill out! :o

Congrats on your finds!

:)

Oops !!!! I will ! LOL

Shoe beach ya? Just speculating. But I wonder if the sign with a horse shoe placed on top, could be a marker or reference point for buried money near by? Just a thought. Nice finds!! WTG!!! HH

rvbvetter said:
Shoe beach ya? Just speculating. But I wonder if the sign with a horse shoe placed on top, could be a marker or reference point for buried money near by? Just a thought. Nice finds!! WTG!!! HH

:o :o Holy Moly ! I better get back there tomorrow and Metel Detect around some more .This could be true !

Thanks for the "wake up" call rvbvetter !! ;D

beaches are where you find them, an old creek a river bank long forgotten lake,used to be a lot of good swimming before ddt and industrial runoff polluted 80% of the freshwater in the land

rvbvetter said:

Reddielocks said:
rvbvetter said:

:o :o Holy Moly ! I better get back there tomorrow and Metel Detect around some more .This could be true !

Thanks for the "wake up" call rvbvetter !! ;D

Hope you remember which direction the shoe was pointing. ;) Of course too like anyone else, the horse may have just kicked off his shoes and wanted to run barehoof in the sand. LOL

Hey Red, maybe the horse had been to the sea on holiday ???

Great finds, keep them coming

God bless
Peter

Neat relics Reddie, I see you have the horseshoe oriented correctly so the luck doesn't spill out ;)

Keep those pics coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back